Sign in to follow this  

Riding with a prior DUI

Hey i have two dui's i got a while back and currently dont have a license now. im just wondering if i get a pit bike could i get in trouble for just riding it in the ditches and along the sides of roads and not on the street? i dont drink anymore and was planning on gettin a 125cc, i also live in minnesota. any info would be appreciated, thanks.

MINNESOTA???? i don;t know the laws there but in CA you can't ride publically with a CURRENTLY SUSPENDED license. You don't need a license to ride but it just can't be suspended. But, They would have to find some way to check your info.

Also in CA, we can't ride in public ditches/anywhere legally. So Private property is our only saving grace here in SO CAL. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

I once had an EPO tell me that I wasn't even supposed to use my riding lawn mower with a suspended license.

Now that's a little extreme, but another Mass. EPO once pulled his gun out on us when we wouldn't stop. I think they're crazy.

thanks for the info! haha i should prolly just wait till i get my license back then. but i think im gonna order one anyways, il find some places to ride it without gettin hassled

sounds like the safe thing to do. But, they would have to run all your information to find out wether you were suspended or not. Usually they are more concerned witht the bikes reg -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

You can ride bikes in the ditches? Where in MN do you live?

I thought you could only ride bikes on trails that are marked specifically for dirt bikes. Either way, I would call and talk to someone at the police station to verify that you can ride the bike around even if you had a license.

State laws vary of course. In Missouri, you don't need a license to ride a 49cc scooter on the highway. I've known a few people with long term license suspensions who ride 'em with no problems, just like a bicycle. Check your local laws.

Dude I live in Alabama, You can ride wherever and however you want to! Just cant get caught :crazy:

You Can Even Marry Your Sister In Alabama! :applause::thumbsup::jawdrop::lol::cheers::):crazy: