Sign in to follow this  

BritishColumbia The Big Kahuna - Kamloops BC

So what's the format of this race? Is it a lap on the mx track then a bit of single track in the woods?

So what's the format of this race? Is it a lap on the mx track then a bit of single track in the woods?

yes and go around as many times in 11/2 hrs in the AM for amuter and 2hrs in th PM for Expert

Last years Preview

Were, Making a huge Enduro section , tires, logs, etc.

of course a by pass section for the chickens...

I was thinking of heading down south to race either the mx or off-road event. Will the mx-track be open to ride on the previous week ( mon-wed)?

Is the track going to be run in the correct direction or will it be backwards as it has been in some of the previous Big Kahuna Races?

Any idea if the woods section will be changing at all or is it exactly the same?

A lot of the PNWMA races have 3 hour time cut-offs for "A" riders. I think that one of the reasons the Big Kahuna is 2.5 hours is because after a couple of hours of riding that same loop you'd rather be poking needles in your eyes than riding the same loop for another half an hour.

No offense to the organizers and I agree that a 2 -2.5 hour cut-off is a good idea since the loops are so short, but even the Toasted Hare and the Dirty Dog hare scrambles at Hannegan Speedway get a bit tedious after several laps. Those two races generally have longer loops than the Big Kahuna, but it stills gets a bit monotonous after a few laps.

In past years everyone seams to like what we do, so we have not had a reason to change.

the course will be similar. we are limited to the land we can use because of the lease from the Band office.