Sign in to follow this  

83 it175 carb question

im buying this bike tomorrow running for 200 bones. the float pin sticks and i was looking for a carb rebuild kit for it and low and behold they are nowhere to be found. does anyone know where i can get the kit? or if there is a newer model mikuni carb that is a good replacement?

You could always look through the TT STore OEM Parts section for parts or go to a place like Sudco.

I bought a new larger carb from Sudco and they had decent prices.

I do believe the It of that year has a steel needle and brass seat. The bowl gasket maybe the only thing you may need, but if you tap the bowl on the sides real light you should be able to unseat the gasket with out any damage. You can dress the needle and seat up with some wet/dry 220 and then 320 and that should do it. Clean all the green stuff out of the carb and make sure the main and pilot jets are clean. One thing that most forget to look at is the brass stem that the main jet screws into. Take it out and make sure the holes are not covered in green crud. I just don't recall any o-rings to replace, but it has been many years since I have seen one.