Sign in to follow this  

RM125 Pistons?

Rebuilding a 2001 RM125 I picked up cheap. Looking a pistons, it has a Pro-Lite Wiseco in there now. What do you guys prefer the Pro-X Piston or Wiseco. The cylinder needs to be redone, and will be a STD bore. I was browsing and noticed the Pro-x Pistons come in a 53.95mm to a 53.98mm bore size. Are the small incremental size increases to account for wear on cylinder and the repeated honing from a top end rebuilding or for a higher compression? Thanks, Pete

Some piston manufacturers make "b,c,..." (marginally larger) sized pistons to account for a slightly worn cyl bore.

For years now, Wiseco's been good to us.

i've always run wiseco, but recently was speaking with a guy who knows his two strokes. he claims that wisecos should be called seizeco's and that the coated pro x run way cooler and are better pistons. take that with a grain of salt, im sticking with wiseco because i've had nothing but good luck with them.

i've always run wiseco, but recently was speaking with a guy who knows his two strokes. he claims that wisecos should be called seizeco's and that the coated pro x run way cooler and are better pistons. take that with a grain of salt, im sticking with wiseco because i've had nothing but good luck with them.

I would stay away from that guy.

I wonder what goes through peoples heads sometimes when they speak???

Wiseco or if you use OEM pistons replace them every 15hrs.

I did hear that Wossners are good.... Forged, but not proven here in the states as far as I know