Sign in to follow this  

Japanese smokers in other countries?

It's pretty common knowledge that the green and yellow smokers are sold in other countries, and I guess they are even going to race them again in Europe http://twostrokemotocross.com/

Are these bikes still being updated and improved, or are they just selling the last generation bike we had available here in the US?

I would guess they only have minor changes. The US is the largest market and if they aren't selling them here they can't be selling very many. Besides if there was major changes, the magazines would know about it.

I would guess they only have minor changes. The US is the largest market and if they aren't selling them here they can't be selling very many. Besides if there was major changes, the magazines would know about it.

I am sure they are selling a lot of them, otherwise they would have killed the programs out of the United States like they did here. 2 strokes are very popular in Europe and elsewhere, they haven't fallen for the massive PR campaigns the U.S consumer has fallen for.

As for the magazines, not sure but I know the U.S ones wouldn't cover them because they aren't being sold here. I would assume they have been improving the 2 strokes, Suzuki did up until the last moment here in the U.S, not sure about Kawasaki. KTM, TM, Maico, etc... have been improving them so I would assume to stay competitive in the highly popular 2 stroke world outside of the U.S the Japanese manufacturers have been improving them, if only to stay somewhat competitive.

TM has a fuel injected 2 stroke coming out, and i read not to long ago that KTM's 2 stroke sales were 50% of there total sales worldwide.

we're not getting new kx or rm's here anymore, we had both up until 08, but they were exactly the same as the older models.