Sign in to follow this  

DR-Z400SM 2009 - Maintenance question and Mods Questions

Hi,

I just got my bike out from storage yesterday.

First Question: [FIXED: The vacuum was unplug....]

The bike stop if I set the fuel valve to On. But its ok when its set to PRI.

Is someone have any tips on how to troubleshoot this?

When I store the bike, I have put some gas stabilizer in the gas tank, should I Flush the gas tank and put new gas in it ?

Second Question:

I need to do the first oil change on it (I have 1240Km). I have read that I need to check a smal filter to see if its clean for the first oil change? Where is that filter ? Is it in the Oil Hose plug ?

Third Question: Carb Mods

I just ordered a Yosh RS2 full exhaust kit, and I plan to go the 3x3 mods.

I got a FCR CRFLAT 39MM last year out of a Polaris Outlaw 525.

This CR Flat doesnt have a dual throttle cable. I was planning about modifying the FCR to be able to fit the Stock Throttle cable to it, Anyone ever try this? (Basicaly, drill a hole in the second position, and create groove to screw the second return cable.

I emailed JD and they replied that there kit for FCR on DR-Z400 will be the way to go for the setup I'm intend to do.

Anyone have an opinion on this ?

ANything else I should got to fit the FCR CR into my bike ? AIr Boot adapter ect.. ??

Thanks for your Help.

Edited by TzDevilz

Read through the FAQ at the top of the page for the oil change and install new oil filter, or if asking about the oil screen it is in the bottom of the frame tank that the oil hose connects to.

I would drain the gas and put fresh in.

I wasnt sure where was the oil screen thanks

How frequently should I check this screen ? 1 per 3 change ? I have read once only, at first oil change.

I checked my filter screen at 600, 3000, and after doing a big bore. Any time you break in the motor you should always check the screen at the next oil change. Also if you ever have an issue that causes shavings in the oil check screen. Oil starvation is a terrible way to kill a bike:banghead: