Sign in to follow this  

How to drain FCR 39 carb (2002 DRZ 400)

Hi,

Lots of people with forum posts asking the same question - how to drain my carb? The stock answer is "open the drain screw"... yeah, thanks, but I already knew that.

I've got a 2002 DRZ with stock carb (FRC 39 I think). On the carb side, there is a black hose coming off the bottom of the carb. To the left of this, there is what might be a drain screw, but it is entry from the bottom, and 3 mm under it is the starter... is this the drain???

Image at link below shows #46 as drain screw. Is this on the carb side (left) of the bike or right? The right side on my bike is not accessible. Do I need to remove something?

http://slorider.com/DRZ/tech/KeihinFCR/Keihin_FCRMX.gif

Thanks!

A slant body OEM style FCR and like model aftermarket FCR's do not have a drain screw, it has a main jet access plug. 17mm box end wrench will remove it and drain the bowl.

The Mikuni found on al DRZ S, SM and late model E's in the US has a bowl drain screw.. Cross tip screw driver will loosen it and then fuel will drain out the hose attached to that valve.

The later version FCR MX sold as an aftermarket replacement or upgrade for the DRZ has a drain screw like you pictured in your link.. DIFFERENT carb then your OEM FCR.

Never seen this as a recurring question folks were unable to find an answer to.. but now you know. :thumbsup: