Sign in to follow this  

Ohlins Seal Head?? Shaft seal removal

97 Ohlins KTM Shock

On this particular seal head the shaft seal is sandwiched between the bottom(clevis) and the bushing. Bushing has to come out to replace the seal. Question is how tight is the bushing usually pressed in there? And is there anyway to remove the bushing without tearing it up?? Probably not but just needed to know if I needed to order a bushing and a quad ring.

And on a side note is there anyone aftermarket that makes a bushing/seal kit for the Marzocchi 50mm magnum forks. These ones were totally trashed. If not is there a zoke distributor in the US??

Thanks in advance

Can't picture that seal hd. Are you sure the bushing has to come out? Can you post a pic?

doc

You can pick it out without removing the bushing, i have seen it been doon on a -99ohlins fitted on a 125 Yammi.

Maybe a little heat?:lol::banana:

That is a little heat on the body to expand it enough to get seal head

out. Shouldn't have to put a lot heat on it and becareful doing that.

Actually have not tried it. I read it in an Ohlins how to write up!

jwaseman

Edited by jwaseman

You can pick it out without removing the bushing, i have seen it been doon on a -99ohlins fitted on a 125 Yammi.

Thats what I was thinking. I've also seen those seal heads before where you have to "fish" the quad ring into its groove inside the seal hd with a pick & small screwdriver.

doc