Sign in to follow this  

Chain Help

Im trying to figure out if i should get an o ring, x ring, or normal chain, Im just not seeing the benifits of an o or x ring and they cost a lot more. Are there any good normal chains that will last?

Dave from MX Time told me that the Regina chains are pretty good. LINK So far I haven't had any problems.

Just ordered an x ring chain. i got it cheap! :thumbsup: lol anyone know how to get the snap ring off of the front sprocket without snap ring pliers? i dont have any

Just ordered an x ring chain. i got it cheap! :ride: lol anyone know how to get the snap ring off of the front sprocket without snap ring pliers? i dont have any

I would use needle nose pilers before I got some good ones at NAPA. If you ever get some don't get the cheap $15-20 ones, the tips will end up bending. :thumbsup:

ok ill try. Also i cant get my rear sprocket off the bolts will not budge. I tried sing and impact hammer and no luck. Any ideas?

ok ill try. Also i cant get my rear sprocket off the bolts will not budge. I tried sing and impact hammer and no luck. Any ideas?

Mine have the hex head bolt with a nut on the other side are yours not the same? If they are you should be using a wrench on the nut and not the bolt.

pri_06_spr_bol_nut.jpg

yeah their hex on one side and 12mm nuts on the other. I dont have a 12mm wrench so im just using the sockets i just cant break the seal they have on the sprocket. any idea? i hosed it with wd40 but no luck. My dad is gonna try later but i have no clue.

Easy fix? Go buy a 12mm wrench. You say you're using a socket? Are you coming in from the back (through the spokes), if so, and you can't break them loose. Try putting a pipe over your ratchet for more leverage.

:banana:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882928

Edit:

ok i will try to loosen the nuts not the allen. thats what i was trying.

Don't try to loosen them with the bolt.

anyone got a response to the chain question? i have the same dilemna of not knowing what to choose...

what will stretch less?

Get the DID vt2 enduro racing chain, lighter narrower and less rolling resistance than an O ring, or X ring. But will outlast a non oring many times over = cost effective)

I've ran many Regina chains. They are awesome! BUT they will cost more. I have been trying the rocky mtn chains both o ring and non o ring. 450 to a 250f... so I didnt think I needed an o ring. we'll see this weekend!

anyone got a response to the chain question? i have the same dilemna of not knowing what to choose...

what will stretch less?

Well in the 2nd post I, like carolina450, said Regina chains but then we got off topic.:lol::banana:

I like the regina's as well, but have seemed to settle on the DID ERT2 Gold chain. Works well. Renthals are garbage. If I get a season a full season out of one of them I'm more than happy.