Sign in to follow this  

How important is color?

Do you think there's people that do not buy certain brands because they use ugly colors?

I'm thinking about Suzuki and Kawasaki.

Slap in the face! Kidding. I love yellow! Plus I can make my bike almost any color I want and I choose to leave it yellow. I love having one of the few yellow bikes on the track on most days. Tons of blue and red out there, some green, a few yellow!

Yes, its all about color.... Look at TM, they have the worst color and are some of the least popular...:thumbsup:

Do you think there's people that do not buy certain brands because they use ugly colors?

Yep...people are a strange brew. Sorta like court, two things happen, truth and perception. Perception usually wins out.

BTW, I don't think any color is ugly. Well, Pink is on the fence, about to go over, and Camo is running a close second in my book too.

Color doesn't matter to me. I could care less what color I'm running out of the big five.

What about Honsaki? :thumbsup:

I don't mind the color on any of the big 5. But on the yellow, some of the older Suzuki yellow was a little muted. The brighter yellow is much better.

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

I seriously think color is somehow related to sales.

Take Kawasaki for example. They've been making arguably the best MX bikes but they're not selling well. Green is not a color people usually prefer.

Honda may be screwing with their bikes lately but they're Honda and they look good, so people don't care much and buy them.

I have honestly never used color to buy a bike, that literally sounds like something a woman would do however (My Wife being a prime example...).

I think it has less to do with color, and more to do with perception of performance based on the overall look and quality of the bike. Honda has always turned out high quality bikes, in terms of appearance and quality of materials compared to the others (they are a larger company than the rest). They may not perform the best any given year, but people always flock to them because of those qualities, and to a large extent their reputation in the off-road world with their near indestructible TRAIL thumpers (XR line).

If peopel were going strictly on looks, honda's have always looked good. Yamaha's are hit an miss. The newer suzuki's and kawie's look pretty decent as well.

I am sure some people buy a bike because of color but I don't. I will say though that I like green and have always wanted a kawasaki especially back in the 80's, but have never owned one.

I've owned all the big name colors, no preference really