How important is color?

Slap in the face! Kidding. I love yellow! Plus I can make my bike almost any color I want and I choose to leave it yellow. I love having one of the few yellow bikes on the track on most days. Tons of blue and red out there, some green, a few yellow!

Do you think there's people that do not buy certain brands because they use ugly colors?

I'm thinking about Suzuki and Kawasaki.

Yep...people are a strange brew. Sorta like court, two things happen, truth and perception. Perception usually wins out.

BTW, I don't think any color is ugly. Well, Pink is on the fence, about to go over, and Camo is running a close second in my book too.

I seriously think color is somehow related to sales.

Take Kawasaki for example. They've been making arguably the best MX bikes but they're not selling well. Green is not a color people usually prefer.

Honda may be screwing with their bikes lately but they're Honda and they look good, so people don't care much and buy them.

I have honestly never used color to buy a bike, that literally sounds like something a woman would do however (My Wife being a prime example...).

I think it has less to do with color, and more to do with perception of performance based on the overall look and quality of the bike. Honda has always turned out high quality bikes, in terms of appearance and quality of materials compared to the others (they are a larger company than the rest). They may not perform the best any given year, but people always flock to them because of those qualities, and to a large extent their reputation in the off-road world with their near indestructible TRAIL thumpers (XR line).