XR650R - Fuel on the floor

I have been storing the BRP in my Toy Hauler for the last few months. Yesterday I went out there to take a quick look at everything and found a puddle of fuel under the bike.

I haven't had time to check anything yet but I'd like some advice on where to start.

What I know:

Fuel pet-cock was off

It's an 07 with VERY low riding time

Nearly no miles since it was uncorked

It seems like quite a bit of fuel...might be just the float bowl volume, but...

What do you guys think?

Stuck float & fuel pet-cock leaking?

My bike did the same thing when the selector disc in the petcock fell apart a few months ago. Luckily it was only leaking into the carb and not around the shutoff knob, so I replaced the inline fuel filter with a plastic shutoff valve to get by for a while. The "reserve" setting on the petcock should still work, but I'm leery of moving the knob at all. I could just imagine the disc falling completely apart in the middle of nowhere and my last remaining half gallon of fuel going on the ground.

More than likely the needle valve above the floats sticking..Pull the carb off or the bottom off it, whatever's easier and check it's not jamming..The small spring loaded metal pin on the end of it may be gunged up..

Whoops,,,"Fuel tap off",,Ignore my bit...

I had the same thing going on with my '02. The petcock had an internal failure, so the fuel flow never shut-off. This combined with the float sticking. The "flash" or ridge where the two pieces of the float were joined together to make the float would hang up on the stainless steel slosh guard in the fuel bowl. I rebuilt the petcock and filed down the ridges on the float to smooth the outside of it and my problem was fixed.

-Joe