Sign in to follow this  

kx 100 will not go.maybee the clutch

during yesterdays scramble my sons bike would not go anymore.the motor is fine and shifts through the gears.the clutch feels like theres nothing there,let go of the clutch and the bike will not go.i need to fix for next weekends race so any help appreciated.

if the plates are worn out/ overheated they need to be replaced. it could also be bad clutch springs...

Rocky mountain ATV/MC has Tusk clutch packs for $50. $55 with EBC hd springs. When you take the side cover off to replace the clutches, make sure everything works and their are no broken parts

I had a similar problem on my 98 KX 250, let the clutch out and it sounded like it was in neutral, pulled the clutch side down and found the splines on the clutch basket were gone, nothing there but a smooth bore, had to replace the clutch basket.

O40R

well lucky for me i have a spare motor that is blown with good clutch parts. so i will switch them all

Might only be the nut holding the basket on.

clutch plates were fried basket is notched so i changed all clutch parts and the bike is good now.