Sign in to follow this  

riding security Q

I have heard here and there that some riders have a camera or similar on their bikes which can, among other great things like documenting rides and scenery, be quite useful when some idiot tries to take the bike out (cut off, etc...) and try to tell the police it was the bike's fault.

I personally have a hint-o-invisibility syndrome whether in my jacked up suv or on the bike (even a bright red ninja didnt help)... its funny when they look right at me but still go and pull that turn across my lane or cut into my space... to be able to use that video as backup if needed would be really helpful.

Im not quite set on straping my everyday camcorder to the bike, its kinda clunky.

Anyone have suggestions for something good and economic that would work nicely on the DRZ? Pics of installs would be nice too.

Check out the Go Pro. They have come down since the HD version came out. They have a waterproof cover and different versions come with different mounting hardware. You can also get a ram mount that will either clamp to the bars or go into the mirror mounts if you have upgraded your mirrors.

Can also go directly on your helmet.

it would be good insurance.