Sign in to follow this  

the best goggles ever read this

Interesting. Digging into some of their online info, but no mention yet of cost or actual availability, much less independent reviews.

A little tip to marketing people; if you are going to have someone talking about your product, either don't have a rapper doing his thing in the background or have the background music turned down a bit. I found myself distracted by the rap music voice.

Personally, I am not sure I would want a whole bunch of info displayed on my goggles. Most of the time I don't need real time navigational feedback when I am riding where I use goggles. I pretty much know where I am, and I don't need speed or RPM or stuff like that. When I am riding my usual trails - very technical single track - that kind of stuff would just be distracting.

On the connecting roads GPS might be good, but I spend most of my time on the trails, and if I were to look at GPS I could just stop and look at a display on the handlebars.

On the trail, about the only thing I need to know is whether my bike is getting hot or not.

For someone who is into competitive riding, I can see that these could be useful.

I like your thinking codemonkey! Maybe a temp gauge on one side of the goggle and what gear you in(for rekluse users)and rpm on the other side.

The way I ride I rarely need RPM - at least not on trails - I have a vague idea while riding whether I am lugging it, about right, or in the upper range. Street would be a different matter, but I don't wear goggle on the street.

Yeah, a gear indicator would be handy so I know when I am a gear high or low - as you say, with the Rekluse you often make that mistake, especially with first and second. While the Rekluse compensates, there are consequences - just not as severe as without the Rekluse.

GPS would be okay sometimes, especially when I get to a fork in the trail - if I have ridden it enough to have it on a GPS track, but not enough to remember where each for goes. I don't have that much problem with trails - they are often fairly distinctive, whereas the connector roads I sometimes get lost and it would be nice to have GPS there. A compass might be handy.

I would recommend that they build a switch module for the handlebars like those available for GPS, books, and such. I am not going to want to be reaching up to use the buttons on the goggles while riding.

The reason I would have an rpm readout would be to deal with heating. Although it could just be a red light indicator for rpm redline. I agree with the gps, too much info on the inside of a goggle, I would rather look down at my gps on the bars.

The reason I would have an rpm readout would be to deal with heating. Although it could just be a red light indicator for rpm redline. I agree with the gps, too much info on the inside of a goggle, I would rather look down at my gps on the bars.

There would be ways to use GPS and maybe a roadbook so you don't have to look down while moving at speed, but off-road I don't move at speed, I never get out of second gear because I ride technical trails and I don't compete (too old and too out of shape and I suck at off-road riding). I can see it for competition, but since I don't compete.

I could see having an arrow flashing right, left or straight ahead temporarily when you came to a fork in a trail/road if you were on a course, but other than that I wouldn't want a lot of detail and most of the time I would want it to not be there at all.

A green 'OK' for everything good oil/water temp, a steady yellow icon maybe for somewhat low oil pressure, low tire pressure or hot coolant, and a flashing red icon for no oil, flat tire, overheating would be useful for most everybody, but keep it small and in the same unobtrusive place - up in a corner.

More than that I don't really need. Anywhere you are going to wear goggles you aren't going to want all the info they display. Even on the street I would want a simpler display. I don't need real time HUD display of ambient temp, elevation, etc. (might be useful for sky diving). THat kind of stuff would be okay on the dash, but too much info in a HUD.

It looks like they are suffering from typical hi-tech feature-itis.

Eventually I want to get a GPS so I can track where I have been and occasionally make a decision about where I go, but I don't have one yet and it is low on my list of things I want.

I will get a SPOT before I get a GPS.

For me, RPM doesn't have anything to do with overheating - how slow I am going affects whether my bike spews steam and I am not over-revving my engine, I am going to slow for air to go through the rads and for the load I have on the bike trying to get over a tree laying across the trail, or through a rock garden or something like that. I need a fan kit.

You're right Krannie, It's just marketing hype. I was pondering what motorcyclists would want if there was such a thing.

Absolute worst commercial I have ever heard and seen.

Nothing but crap, no real info. just BS

Let's see the product, not just a bunch of " it can do this"

Looks like they are looking at getting investors to contribute funds IMO

R

PS: the RAP crap is enough to make me never look at this product again

$9,999.99????? I think id rather have a new bike... or a few new bikes!!

I could see this being useful, only if it linked to the Hubble Space Telescope and gave real time telemetry of upcoming trail conditions. Such as a tree across the trail or a rider coming the other way. It could then flash a "Danger Will Robinson!" or "LOOK OUT!!!"

spamming???????????? I don't think so just thought it was a cool product,maybe not for everyone,but I would bet that when cell phones first came out there was alot of people that thought ,what do I need one of them for and look around now lol I got my first cell phone last year,nice to have when riding.

ride on :banana:

spamming???????????? I don't think so just thought it was a cool product,maybe not for everyone,but I would bet that when cell phones first came out there was alot of people that thought ,what do I need one of them for and look around now lol I got my first cell phone last year,nice to have when riding.

ride on :banana:

I think he was joking.

I emailed them to see if they can atleast show us a view through the goggles of what the HUD will look like. I wont buy it but I do think it is cool.

YO YO YO YO YO,Mon!---rap is crap!.Make a good product and you do not need "those" distractions.

This type of technology has already been proven. Well, the display part has. They have has SCUBA googles with this type of info in them for a couple of years now