Sign in to follow this  

Thanks so much for being this forum! I got my YZ250F

Dear my friends!

(really don't want to post a double, but this is my joint to the YZ250F topic!)

Yesterday, finally, at last, I got it!

After 10 years of riding scooters, at 26 years old, when I almost gave up the idea that some day I could have a real big bike, I got it!

This feel is incredible, believe me.

Now, I only have to ride it safely, and hopefully it's a beginning of a beautiful friendship!

Thank you really much all the help and advices YOU gave me choosing my first off-roader. I really tell you I learnt as much from this forum in one month as from the other motobike magazines and forums in the last 10 years all together.

I promise, I will make some nice pics on my first off-road cruisin, just to show you in what kind of environment I live, but I have more or less one month till the weather gets better!

post-5-1267980936.jpg

post-5-1267980662.jpg

Good looking ride Haga,hope you have a lot of fun on your new bike!I hope the weather gets better here soon too,i can't take any more snow!

Thanks!

I am little bit nervous now, a second-hand 4T bike is always a pig in a poke. Hopefully there won't be any problems!

Congrats on the new bike. Not sure what you mean about the weather getting better. From the pics you posted it looks like perfect weather to be riding in to me. Snow is about the only thing that stops me from riding and it has to be deep enough where I cant really get traction for me not to ride. I'm sick like that though. Thats what happens to you when you grow up in the U.P. of Michigan and end up living in Western Wa though. Have fun and we're here to help. :banana:

Thanks!

I am little bit nervous now, a second-hand 4T bike is always a pig in a poke. Hopefully there won't be any problems!

Nice ride.:banana: I have a 2007 and have loved riding it the last three years. As long as it kicks over easy-enough, it should be fine. A valve adjustment may be order, but other than that, I'm sure you wouldn't have purchased it, if you weren't reasonably satisfied with its upkeep. It looks to me from a distance that it is in great shape.:lol:

Keep the air-filter clean and change the oil as required and you will have a relatively hassle-free ride, that won't hit your wallet hard.:banana:

Thank you so much the grats!

Somehow, I always was a Yamaha fan, now it was just an occasionally decision I got Yamaha, instead of Kawa, CR, or RM. (and to tell the truth everybody adviced me to have the YZF from this vintage, because all the three other brands said to be untrusty).

To tell the truth, I would rather have a bike with some crazier graphics, but now it's just a clean, factorial outfit that my bike has. (i have some problems with the vinyls, cause the former owner bought a full new set of graphics, and he didn't aligned it so carefully and the corners getting replace. Maybe I could re-align the vinyls with a hairdryer)

Thank you so much the grats!

Somehow, I always was a Yamaha fan, now it was just an occasionally decision I got Yamaha, instead of Kawa, CR, or RM. (and to tell the truth everybody adviced me to have the YZF from this vintage, because all the three other brands said to be untrusty).

To tell the truth, I would rather have a bike with some crazier graphics, but now it's just a clean, factorial outfit that my bike has. (i have some problems with the vinyls, cause the former owner bought a full new set of graphics, and he didn't aligned it so carefully and the corners getting replace. Maybe I could re-align the vinyls with a hairdryer)

Wouldn't worry about it. The more you fuss over graphics the more you cringe when you are either laying-it down in a corner or scraping your way past bushes or branches on the trail. Trickin' your bike out is for when you are laid-up with an injury...Judgin' by the lack-of-snow in your neck of the woods: Go Riding!

I have searched everywhere, looked all the YZF FAQ-s here on TTS, learned everything, except one thing:

Which Mobil1 full synt oil? 10W40-10W50-10W60?

Thanks a lot! (if somehow I missed a question and answers like mine, sorry from the admins and they may delete my post)

One more pic, but more better pics still to come when weather gets better and finally we could ride out to the nature!

PICT2136_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Yes, of course, I forgot te mention it.

I'd use it average mid-european conditions.

Among 20-30 celsius from May to Szept only for light enduro use.

10W-40 is fine then.

Thanks my friend!

Sorry, but I still don't have any protective wear. In the following few weeks I will pick up helmet, boots, protectors, pants,everything.

Until then, I just sit on a chair and stare my baby. (ok, I used to give some heat the engine almost every day, just to hear it's sound)