Hows the bike market for other people?

Hows the market around everyone else? Ive had my bike on cl for about a week now at a very resonably price, ive gotton 1 serious hit on it, but the guy had to back out. I might try ebay soon but I dont even know if it will sell then.

Anyone else trying to sell a bike?

I'm on the other side. I'm trying to buy one off of CL. i'm looking for an '02 and up CR or YZ and here in Minnesota, everything is about 40% over-priced, according to other TT guys. Go figure....

Bikes on CL are crazy from some reason? Call about one and show them or tell them what it is worth according to NADA or KBB. Can't argue that. lol

Everything seems to be way over priced on Craig's List. I'm looking for a bike for my grand daughter, I saw a used 2007 CRF50 there not too long ago and the asking price was more then what my local Honda dealer wanted out the door for a new 2009. I e-mailed the seller telling him about it, his reply would have made a sailor blush. I guess he's not a motivated seller? LOL

Everything seems to be way over priced on Craig's List. I'm looking for a bike for my grand daughter, I saw a used 2007 CRF50 there not too long ago and the asking price was more then what my local Honda dealer wanted out the door for a new 2009. I e-mailed the seller telling him about it, his reply would have made a sailor blush. I guess he's not a motivated seller? LOL

Seems like the small cc bikes are going for big bucks? Maybe due to the lead ban?

+2, some people live in a dream world. I've seen people list bike at or near the price dealers ask for used bikes, which is ludicrous. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/1620148716.html An 05 450 with 'thousands in extras'. This bike has been on CL for almost a year now. :banana:

i do agree that i see some bikes over priced, my price is good for the condition of the bike\parts. It could be that my bike is a full on woods bike and only attracts a certain group instead of motocrossers. Time will tell:bonk:

If I tried to sell my YZ for what it is worth, it'd never sell. (And I'm not talking sentimental value)

I put way too much money into it during my resto project to come close to ever breaking even so I may simply store it until it hits the 25 year old mark.

i sold a yfz 250 there, my friend had it up on a local sit for about 2 months, i bought it, rode it a small bit, and then tryed to resell it, i gave it a decent clean painted the clutch covers, and just took a photo making it look near new. then put up a price €200 lower then the other cheapest yzf and it sold within a week.

so what i'm trying to say is, make the bike look as good as you can then take the best photo, and ensure the price is right

the US must REALLY be hurting for money right now.

back in 2008, I paid 4800$ for my 2005 crf 450r and it was used, but lightly.

now, a used 2008 around here will cost you 6500-7000$ CAD

a used 09 will cost you around 7500 CAD

a new 09 is also around 8000$+

its almost worth it to sell everything I have, drive to the states, buy a bunch of 09s for practically nothing, bring them back to canada and almost double my money!!! seriously!!

The thing you don't know in most cases is what they sold for. We can see the listing or asking price but the reality is in this market if they sell at all.... they are selling for hundreds less that the starting price. Of course there are a few exceptions. When the economy is bad disgressionary spending is bad. That means the recreational markets both new and used suffer. So in short, get it in Tip Top condition place your add a bit high and lower it precipitously a few hundred bucks until it sells. On the positive side it's a GREAT TIME to buy what you want cuz there are some fantastic deals out there right now.