Sign in to follow this  

2010 BMW G450x

Has anyone ridden a 2010 model yet? can someone please comment on them compared to the 2009 model?

The local BMW shop will be getting their first shipment of 2010 bikes next week. They have just one 2009 left, I have to decide between the 09/10 bikes, I am about to lighten my wallet!!!

You can be the first on the forum to try the 2010!! :banana:

Wel i have ridden a 2009. It was the best bike ive ever been on. It was the first one in the usa. (according to owner). It has a really controlable amount of power.

Pretty sure they revised the valving in the forks and have new graphics for 2010. If u can get a leftover cheaper I would use the money to get a full revalve on the suspension if your serious about offroad. Or buy a softer seat, lol. Germans must have granite asses, or stand up constantly.

Pretty sure they revised the valving in the forks and have new graphics for 2010. If u can get a leftover cheaper I would use the money to get a full revalve on the suspension if your serious about offroad. Or buy a softer seat, lol. Germans must have granite asses, or stand up constantly.

Or no sense of humour... :banana::lol::busted:

OK...the changes for 2010 are:

revised valving in forks ( says "all new suspension cartridge", but their wording is sometimes strange-pretty sure its just valving)

revised valving in shock,

outter fork legs are now anodized gold instead of black,

Larger radius seat with softer foam...YAY!

New sticker kit

BMW slip-on racing silencer (in addition to standard) The price went up $250 because of this but still cheaper than any other slip-on

All new ECU mapping for improved throttle response, reduced engine braking, quicker starting and lower fuel consumption

now 50 state legal!

I am buying a 2009 today and have plans to convert it to a full offroad race bike.

BTW... I weighed the 2009 and it came in at 272 with a full tank. OOOF!

Doing some research I found that the stock Metezler Six-Day tires are really heavy. One site listed the 140/80/18 rear at 17LBS!!! By switching to Dunlop mx51, 120 rear 80/100 front you can save 7lbs!

I plan on weighing everything I change and will post it here.

Excellent! Please keep us informed with your project....:banana:

Very curious to see what weight can be saved. I have a Leo Vince slip on and it has to be a pound or two lighter.

Removing stock exhaust will definitely help as will removing tail light assembly and lights in general along with the unnecessary switches and such. My HSQ TXC510 weighed in at 268, 04 KTM 525SX at 258 and G450X at 262, all of them with full of fuel with stock tank, but G450X had full Akra exhaust and bobbed tail light with LED signals.

Was curious about the LED signals. Anything special required in terms of connecting them?

Was curious about the LED signals. Anything special required in terms of connecting them?

If you're replacing both pairs of turn signals with LED types, then one pair of LED's will need a resistor in line to similate incadecent bulbs for the flasher to work properly. If you're only replacing one pair of turns with LED's and keeping one incadecent pair, the flasher will be happy.

Guys, I'm new to this forum...........I've pretty much made up my mind to get a gx.........my friend had a 08 and I road it when it was new.....I loved it. I have two Beemer dealers both 35 min. in either direction,(one being a husky dealer too). My question is; the choice between an 09 or 2010??? I can save an additional 1000$ buy getting the 09, but left wondering if the 2010 has vast improvements making the 1k in price worth the it??? I am 250lbs (6'2") I'm a B rider that likes riding in the woods and hill climbing in the mountains of Western North Carolina, I will probably strip off all the lights, and the bike will never be ridden on the street.......I would like to do an occasional day at the motocross track or hair scramble for fun. another note.....I live 10 min. from Ohlins of North america and are friends with the GM, so I have access to their suspension Dyno. Any advice is much appreciated.

Guys, I'm considering a 09 g450x and get two set of wheels, one for street-legal supermoto, another for trails, without tryimg to be too radical (mostly wood riding and some hills).

Anything that can be said about this bike? Any other not-so-exotic bike that could do as I described above?

Thanks!

love my 09. only issues i have are the small battery for the e start, a trickle charger is a must. lol. apart frm that its a great bike. service regularly and you will be happy.

Guys, I'm new to this forum...........I've pretty much made up my mind to get a gx.........my friend had a 08 and I road it when it was new.....I loved it. I have two Beemer dealers both 35 min. in either direction,(one being a husky dealer too). My question is; the choice between an 09 or 2010??? I can save an additional 1000$ buy getting the 09, but left wondering if the 2010 has vast improvements making the 1k in price worth the it??? I am 250lbs (6'2") I'm a B rider that likes riding in the woods and hill climbing in the mountains of Western North Carolina, I will probably strip off all the lights, and the bike will never be ridden on the street.......I would like to do an occasional day at the motocross track or hair scramble for fun. another note.....I live 10 min. from Ohlins of North america and are friends with the GM, so I have access to their suspension Dyno. Any advice is much appreciated.

Go over to the Husqvarna side and they will have more info on these bikes. Cafehusky is another place to visit.

Remember these bikes are old by several years, BMW quit making it and replaced it with the Husky TE/TXC/TC449/511. That said resale will be low, very low and many liked the Husky version better. If you can get the bike in the 2-3,000, its a good buy otherwise go for the Husky model which are or were reduced in price so KTM can ride themselves of the inventory.

Kurauzo - Any 450-500cc bike can do this if road use is much more than trail. Otherwise any bike out there can swap between wheels in minutes when design/set-up to with road rubber on dirt wheels. Most SM's have larger rotors and need a relocation bracket to swap between dirt/road wheels so sticking to dirt wheels is best. Some bikes need very different gearing for the road resulting in chain and sprockets changes, different adjustment blocks like 250-310 of the Husqvarna's. KTM, Bergs and Beta's all have wide ratio transmissions and would meet your needs.