Sign in to follow this  

09 handling issue

Whats up guys? I was a top 5 intermediate racer and I got out of the sport for 5 years. Now im back and im very excited. My problem is this, I bought a brand new 09 kx250f and absolutely love the machine. I weigh 200 pounds for starters which I know is heavy(hardly any fat) Anyways. My handling is the pits. I set the sag for starters. I notice that my front end wants to wash out at any moment or knife in. Im thinking because im so heavy and when I weight the front end i lower it so much and the bike wants to pivot on the front wheel. I have had a few nasty crashes over the past 2 weeks and im now scared shitless with high speed sweepers. A lot of this could be do to not having my technique back yet. But I heard the 09 kxf has some front end issues. I know I need stiffer springs both ends and am going to get a revalve but is there anything I should try or do? Any input would be very appreciative as im frustrated. Thanks guys!!!

From what i have read/know, you are on the right track. Get your sring rates right first, then a revalve, then if your still not happy and your riding technique is back on the ball, look at some 22mm clamps. I'm toosing up at the moment weather to throw some on my 2010, just to finish it off and make it that bit better in the corners.

Some people swear by 22mm clamps. If money is no issue by all means get them. Stock is 23,5.

I would say start with heavier springs, 0,46 in the fork and run a lower oil height, maybe 350 ml instead of the stock 370ml.