Sign in to follow this  

09 kx250f 09yz450f

So im gettin a new bike here soon. my last bike was a kx100 and i loved it i have always like kawi. so im lookin to get either a 250f or 450. I have been lookin at the 09 kx250f for a while now and i think thats what i want to get. But my some people have been tellin me that i would get bored on a 250f so i should just jump up to 450. I know thats a pretty big jump goin form 85 class to 450. But im just curious as to what you guys think. BTW im 5'5 about 135lbs. alittle on the short side

Not sure what you ride but I am the same height as you... not weight since High school... :lol:..... anyway. I just cam off riding 2 different 450's KTM & Honda... I couldnt love my KX250f more. More power than you think. Great scooter!!! :banana:

U don't need a 450 your too small unless ur a pro lol. I'm 6ft 165 and I live my 250f.

I'm 5' 7" 130 and the KX250F plenty for me. Like what Jonah is saying you have to be pretty good to take the 250 to its limit

A 450 at 135 is known as suicid. Unless ur initials are rc or js lol.

So im gettin a new bike here soon. my last bike was a kx100 and i loved it i have always like kawi. so im lookin to get either a 250f or 450. I have been lookin at the 09 kx250f for a while now and i think thats what i want to get. But my some people have been tellin me that i would get bored on a 250f so i should just jump up to 450. I know thats a pretty big jump goin form 85 class to 450. But im just curious as to what you guys think. BTW im 5'5 about 135lbs. alittle on the short side

kx100 is to 450f as go kart is to formula 1

kx100 = 22 hp

kx250f = 35 hp

kx450f = 51 hp

kx100 = 165 lbs

kx250f = 229 lbs

kx450f = 247 lbs

That's not a pretty big jump, that's a massive leap.

A 125 2t or 250f would fit you best. Once you've maxed out the potential of that class, then you could start thinking about a 450. I'm 6'4", 250 lbs and 27 years old...I ride a 2009 kx250f and haven't even begun to see its full potential.

Haha puma u have to take it outta first gear to realize it's potential! I'm jk man puma is right massive leap. You'd get hurt.

Haha puma u have to take it outta first gear to realize it's potential! I'm jk man puma is right massive leap. You'd get hurt.

Hey now! :banana::lol:

if you want to have a jump thats not quite suicide, but just really fun..

you could get a 250 smoker??

Mind you kawasaki doesnt make the 2 bangers anymore.

depends if your a brand whore, or open minded.

i'm a brand whore thats owned 3 of the 5 colors..?

im a yami guy with a KX

i love it tho.

might change the plastics :banana:

Haha I'm just messin puma :banana: ur a good guy! :banana:

I know :banana:

I'm just new to mx and 4 strokes. I rode a '96 RM125 for a few years...back in '96 and then went to school/work. Finally got back into it last year 10 years older and 70 lbs heavier on a type of bike I'd never had before. Hell, my '09 only has 12.5 hours on it from last season :lol:

I'm hoping to spend the next few seasons getting better and realizing the potential of the bike before I switch to the vet class bike :banana:

If you know what you're doing then a 450 isn't an "omg death wish!" at 135lbs. You could be 100lbs and still rail on a 450. It's impossible to know without seeing you ride so your best bet is to ride somebodys 450 or 250f at the track and see how you like it.

Pro tip: Avoid Yamahas at all costs unless it's a 2010.

i agree you should ride them first if you can. the 450 only weights 20 more pounds but feels like 100 when riding it will be a huge jump and you probably not have to much fun. if you cant ride the bikes just get the kxf250. and not buy a yamaha unless it a 2010.yamahas are very easy riding bikes with great suspension.i would say dont waste the money on a 2010.get a leftover and save over$2000

well i was seeing if i could pick up a 09 kx250f for around 4800 at this dealer. do you guys think that is realistic

well i was seeing if i could pick up a 09 kx250f for around 4800 at this dealer. do you guys think that is realistic

I got my '09 for $4200 out the door last March. My buddy got his '08 in '09 for $4300 otd. Tell the dealer he's pushing it at $4800 for last year's model.