what should i get

I ride a ttr 230 rite now but but i want to upgrade. I love riding motocross and want to do a little racing. I also love hitting the trails often. I plan on racing a couple harescrambles to. I dont know if i should get a 250 two stroke or a 250f or 450f.

Edited by hunterboy

I am 6' 3" 200 lbs and I love my WR 250f. I was told a 230cc was way to small for me so I am glad I did not go that route. I am just getting my feet wet and have been having a blast on it.

It has enough power and room to do simple cheap mods to get more out of it later when I can handle it.

I really want to take it out on trails soon though...:banana:.

get the 250 2 stroke and dont look back

i made the mistake of getting a yz 250f and the maintenance is expensive and annoying so go 2 stroke

i'am selling my bike to get a 250 2 stroke

they are great race and trail bikes

I am 6' 3" 200 lbs and I love my WR 250f. I was told a 230cc was way to small for me so I am glad I did not go that route. I am just getting my feet wet and have been having a blast on it.

It has enough power and room to do simple cheap mods to get more out of it later when I can handle it.

I really want to take it out on trails soon though...:banana:.

how does it handle on an mx track?

how does it handle on an mx track?

I am not the best to ask, but I can guess its not great on jumps due to softer suspension.

I am just learning to ride standing up and basic cornnering, I do have my fast bursts, but need to get comfortable with all the basic before I try a mx track.

We have a short track set up with one small "jump" and I can already tell the suspension is soft.

So far my mainttenance is a bit time consuming but would be the same on any bike. Cleaning off all the mud, making the bike look new again, air filter clean and oil, airbox clean and seal, oil change every third ride or so. Chain lube and tension etc, etc, I will learn about valves later...

Yz 250F is a great choice and dont let these guys fool ya the bike will need oil changes and maybe need valve work once every two years.

you will never hit the rev limiter or run the bike hard enough to meet the factory specs for service.

this bike will work great on the trails and track in stock form.

I have a riding buddy that has an 06 that has had one top end and no valve adjustments in four years. Yes he checks but the thing is bullet proof for play riding and amateur racing.

and this is coming from a die hard KTM guy!