Sign in to follow this  

lets play...name that part

Posted this q in the 110 section. But no reply yet. And Im in a rush. Can someone please tell me what the hell this suasage is doing connected to my carb? Bought the bike from a guy who set it up for motard, and went 138. I looked all over TB and CHP, and can't find anything even similar to this....sausage.:banana:

carb.jpg

Thats one of them keneuter valves. I believe they are used mainly for recharging your air/fuel mix with higher octane oxygen so that you reach optimum combustion. Consider yourself lucky that you have one.

he DOES have a couple things on the bike, like a bungie that holds the kick start tight to the bike. He said it's a requirement for the motard tracks he raced on. Thats interresting then....a carb catch. That would make sense seeing that one of the hoses is attached where you would normally put the drain tube. Can I just ditch it? guess I would need screws to block the upper hole on the carb....

Looks like somebody misunderstood the function of a two stroke boost bottle and thought they'd try it on a fourstroke?

Thats one of them keneuter valves. I believe they are used mainly for recharging your air/fuel mix with higher octane oxygen so that you reach optimum combustion. Consider yourself lucky that you have one.

Are you sure you didn't mean bypass line?

he DOES have a couple things on the bike, like a bungie that holds the kick start tight to the bike. He said it's a requirement for the motard tracks he raced on. Thats interresting then....a carb catch. That would make sense seeing that one of the hoses is attached where you would normally put the drain tube. Can I just ditch it? guess I would need screws to block the upper hole on the carb....

I see no reason why you can't ditch it. On a Typical bike, all the vent lines just run just below the bottom of the bike.

Im pulling everything apart because the damn thing suddenly wont start. But after cranking it 10,000 times on choak....surprise surprise.....I flooded the bike BADLY. Airbox, head, carb, even the pipe was FULL of freakin gas. hahaha Feel free to call me derogatory names, and shake your head. Anyways, I've cleaned out the airbox, plug, pipe...and leaving box n plug out to let things dry up a bit. Nice to know what that pipe bomb is....

so....does anyone recognize the carb so I can go look at a diagram and stop bugging you all????

I'm removing the bypass tube and tectonic plate transducer...

Aviano_bomb_suit.jpg

EDIT: ok...WAIT a minute. I took off that hose in the middle of the "carb catch." I cranked the bike over to see what would happen. Gas PUMPS out of the carb catch in buckets! Now I'm confused again....

gas is PUKING all over the place. I took off that big hose on the "pipe bomb"...just to see what would happen. Gas is pumping out of it like crazy! ***!! I just wanna ride my mini bike!! Not work on this crap!!......rant over. Advice? Suggestions?

gas is PUKING all over the place. I took off that big hose on the "pipe bomb"...just to see what would happen. Gas is pumping out of it like crazy! ***!! I just wanna ride my mini bike!! Not work on this crap!!......rant over. Advice? Suggestions?

go here: http://shop.thumpertalk.com

click on "OEM parts" and look at the stock diagram. Then you can see how much modding this guy did and what you might need to do to get it back to stock configuration.

Thanks Bryan....done. Looks like the two hoses going to this thing are definetely meant to be the normal discharge hoses for this carb. So....now i'm guessing, I have other issues? This "catch" shouldn't be filling up with gas, right?

Sorry...didn't think this would turn into a whole "fixing bikes for dummies" thread.

waiiitttt a minute. There is a 3rd, larger hose connected to this thing. And it leads over to the top of the clutch cover. ***!!!

3rdhose.jpg

odd.jpg

....if memory serves, that's the crankcase breater. Doesn't that usually have a lil filter on the end of it though???

Edited by brraaaAA

SOLVED! Crankcase was FILLED TO THE BRIM with gasoline because of that "fuel catch." drained the case. Added oil. Blew out the head and plug. Started right up!!

Sounds to me like you may need to replace your shimrod cable. Without a properly working shimrod cable, you are putting your bike at risk of having an engine catastrophe. You may want to at least lube your current one up with some high density poly-trigliceride grease. Just be careful not to get any in your eyes. It can cause loss of apetite and in some rare cases, constipation.

What you have here is a clogged dual rizzen flange, plain and simple. Glad to hear that you got that baby un-clogged. By the way, don't forget to top off your blinker fluid (in case this is a dual-sport), and either way, be sure to lube your chrome muffler bearings at least annually.

:banana:

Edited by ericinmichigan