Sign in to follow this  

Missing Bolts

I have a '07 400XC-W and the previous owner had the exhaust heat shield off, he gave it to me with the bolts but I somehow misplaced them. At least one of these bolts the subframe on... so important. Do you know where I can find these bolts? Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the micro fiche idea... no KTM dealers in my area.

Edited by mylsmkj
so it wouldn't bump to the top

Find an on-line strore like Munn,or MX south that sells OEM parts,bring up the micro-fiche ,find the piece you need,get the # and order it.Or get it from any KTM dealer.

ktmcyclehutt.com

has the microfiche and you can order online..problem is the fiche i believe only shows the parts the bike came with from the factory. the heat shield, while it is a ktm hard parts item, i dont think it is a micro fiche item, and the bolts for the heat shield/sub-frame is different than the stock sub-frame bolt.

it really is easy though. just take out the sub frame bolt from the other side and go to and good hardware store or machine supply center. the bolt is only slightly longer, but it is a tapered seat like stock, except the head is not crowned and torx, it is flat toped and allen head. the other bolt could probably be used with the stock bolt and a washer. no big deal

Thanks this is what I ended up doing. I read this right after I had finished installing. After I realized that I could use any old bolt with the proper size and thread I felt awfully stupid for my ?.... So thanks for putting up with me! BTW: still all sizes I can easily remove with my tool kit:thumbsup:

I got one of these from the local Royal Distributing. I got the European bike model and it has all the KTM proper sizes. Best $50 I ever spent.

2004-EUPP.gif