No Longer As Depressed, Thanks TT regulars

Posted yesterday that I was about to give up due to hard starting. Thanks to everyone for your replies and help.

Finally got it started today, found a big hill, put a big guy on it and shoved them down. Lo and behold, it actually fired up.....didn't run for long off the choke, but it got going.

Lugged them back up the hill, pushed em off again, and this time let the choke on for about two minutes after it started. This time it kept running after a bit of fiddling with the idle adjustment knob, but, still had a few issues.

First, it seemed to be searching for its correct idle off throttle. It would run fast for a bit, then bog down. This was while standing still in neutral.

I had to be quick on the throttle a few times while riding it to keep it from stalling out whenever I coasted.

I'm guessing the carb is the culprit. I live at an altitude of 900 feet in Ohio, and won't be going much lower or higher than that.

Does this sort of uneven idling and hard starting sound familiar to anyone? Would a re-jetting and cleaning of the carb fix it? Any ideas to settings?

Thanks again for everyone's help...I really appreciated it.

=Jim