Sign in to follow this  

RM 250 stock exhausts - differences?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows the differences in fitment of late model RM 250 stock exhaust systems? I have just got an '06 RM 250 but it came with an FMF front pipe which I didn't like so I borrowed a stock one from my friend off of his '09. It fits perfect but he wants it back so I bought a second hand one off of ebay that was meant to be for an '07 - 09' but doesn't fit! I've checked part numbers and they seem to be the same for '03 - '09, so am wondering what pipe I've got as need to sell it again. Any help is much appreciated.

There should be a part# stamped on it someplace just for that reason. Once you find it you can call the dealer or search the parts fiche.

usually on the fat part of the expansion chamber. Maybe they stopped doing it. MY PC has stock# on it.

I just looked on my sons stock pipe and no stock#

I guess they stopped doing it. Sorry.

I would try and find press releases from Suzuki that details when they made improvements to the pipe. That will tell you the run of years that fit. However, if you had a pipe that is supposed to fit but it didn't - it may have been bent, tweaked, cupped, compressed, warped, etc. Also, remove your silencer and finagle the pipe fitment first then install the silencer last IMO. :banana:

I would try and find press releases from Suzuki that details when they made improvements to the pipe. That will tell you the run of years that fit. However, if you had a pipe that is supposed to fit but it didn't - it may have been bent, tweaked, cupped, compressed, warped, etc. Also, remove your silencer and finagle the pipe fitment first then install the silencer last IMO. :banana:

somebody with lots of green dots give this man some gas!

Manufacturers never put part numbers on stock pipes. Aftermarket yes.

im thinking 06-09 same pipe i think 05 down wont fit. id try that ebay pipe again, maybe not what it says it is