Clutch Basket-Which one?

My '05 CRF450R has a notched stock clutch basket. Time to replace I guess. Everyone talks about the Hinson billet basket as the way to go. What about the Hinson steel basket?

I ride almost 100% tight woods riding so a little flywheel effect wouldn't hurt. ALso, I would like to go to a Rekluse z-start with the perch someday in the future so if there are any known compatibility issues with Rekluse and either Hinson basket I'd love to hear it.

What are the pros and cons to the Hinson steel versus billet?

Dont know anything about the Hinson steel basket other than its supposed to be bullet proof. If you switch to the Rekluse it has steel driven plates instead of the stock alluminum. The extra flywheel affect of the steel clutch plates alone is noticable (less hit/more traction when slippery) If you get the Rekluse I would recommend the Z Start Pro. It uses your stock clutch lever and is about the same price as the Z Start with optional perch adjuster.

Thanks for the response! I am just starting to look into the Rekluse options. I don't know anyone with one and I am little confused. What does the ZStart Pro do differently than the regular ZStart with the perch? Do both allow you to sit and a stand still in gear with no clutch?

The reason I want one is that when I am on tight, technical single track, I am constantly feathering the clutch. My left hand and carpel tunnel is killing me. Which one is best for this?

Hey Baja. With the Z start Pro you use your stock clutch lever. With the regular Z Start you need to purchase the optional perch adjuster, if you want clutch overide (you do). Yes they both allow you to sit at idle in gear with no clutch. Its hilarious, like riding a honda Z50 again. Depending on how you set it up, it will also slip the clutch for you in tight / slow sections. My carpal tunnel and numbness was reduced significantly after getting the rekluse. Go online and download the installation and setup instructions. Then call the guys at Rekluse if you have any questions. They are riders/mechanics and very helpful. Good luck.