Sign in to follow this  

does my 250sxf need the short filter?

My bikes plug for the short screen filter stripped out so it dosnt go in all the way. my dad is a machinist and can make something to fit in it to fix the problem but does anyone know if the bike needs that filter in it? and if you have any easy fixes for this please tell me!:banana:

I would assume that since its there it is necessary. They don't put parts on mx bikes for no reason. Which threads are screwed- the plug or the case? If its just the plug, buy a new one, chase it with a thread chaser or die or even a thread file. If its the case you might be able to get a heli-coil suitable for it. might mess up the seat for the o-ring on the plug though. Tough one...

The screen/filter keeps stuff out of the oil pump. yes it needs to be there dont risk having major engine failure beause some little peice of something stuck the oil pump.

The case is all screwed up the plug is fine. We are going to try a heli coil and see what happens and if it leaks we will try and seal it with somethng. thanks for the help!!