Sign in to follow this  

SM to kick start only

I know this has been talked about before and i have done some homework on this . The only thing I don't understand is the diod ( spelling) in place of the battery how does this work ? anybody have a pic having trouble getting my head around this

thanks

You mean capacitor. The capacitor stores charge in a similar sense to a battery (different physical properties though).

Diodes are "one way" points in a circuit. They only allow current to flow one direction.

I would expect to see both in the circuit in place of a battery. But I'm not that electric savy.

I am not familiar with this specific application but when selecting a capacitor there are a few things to watch out for. You will want to get one specd for more than 12v to have a safety margin. Something like 25volts or more should be adequate. Also capacity should be high enough to smooth the voltage, you will have to do some research on this one. I would assume an electrolytic cap will be used and if so you must observe polarity.

Jbw

Specifically, you'll need a capicitor rated for a higher voltage than the maximum supplied by the regulator; an over-charged capacitor can explode. Are you planning to replace the subframe and left engine cover to complete the build?

it way more than a engine cover and subframe to complete the swap.

crankshaft,flywheel,stator,stator cover,subframe,wiring harness,reg/rect (just a plug difference) etc.

most people just remove the starter clutch,plug the hole in the stator cover and install a capacitor.

the capacitor from the kickstart only drz isnt horribly priced as i remember.

that is my plan (most people part) so it won't be true kicker

I am going to use the kit from the TT store, so the kit comes with a cap

one more question wear do you put the capacitor

I am going to use the kit from the TT store, so the kit comes with a cap

no it doesnt. you need to buy one seperately.

one more question wear do you put the capacitor

on the actual kicker it mounts on the subframe with a bracket.

you can put it just about any where though.

eddie thanks for the replys . I was not very clear when i asked about the location of the cap. I ment in the electrical system.

thanks