Sign in to follow this  

Husberg Reliability

I have a friend thinking of buying a husberg 450. Are they reliable,Is fuel injection corked, Does dealer on cork and set up with race maping etc? I thank everyone in advance for all your input.

If you mean the '09 and later, the '70 degree' engine, then they are supposed to have more reliability and require less maintenance.

Not sure about all of the engine mods you can do, but on the FE models, the stock silencer is very quiet and rather restrictive. Apparently the bike responds well to a different silencer - probably straight through silencers. Personally, between the Rekluse and 12/52 gearing, my 570 has all the power I need for off-road riding and to get to the trails on pavement, so I am going to leave my engine alone for now. But then I don't compete, I don't even ride fast - I ride slow on tight technical trails.

There are three ECU/EFI mappings on the stock bike: 'traction', 'aggressive' and 'standard'. There is also a 'competition' map you can get.

It will also make a difference whether you are talking about the FX450 or the FE450. The FX is the competition non-street-legal bike with a stiffer/better suspension, closer ratio transmission and the competition ECU/EFI mapping.

http://www.husaberg.org

My bad I was talking about the FE model. But I am still confused! all three of those maps you can use or does the dealer have to program?

you can buy a map switch for $60 odd and then you can change the map wheneva you want, just have to shut down the motor change maps and away you go! Custom maps can also be done by someone who knows what they are on about :banana:

I have had my 09 for just over a year and have done over 60hrs on it, over 3000km. Bike has been perfect in everyway. Love it.

slip on or end cap make a big difference to performance, sounds better too!

I bought a used 2009 FE 450 and water pump seals went out at 30 hrs, been perfect after that . I pipe ( slip on ) makes it come to life !

you can buy a map switch for $60 odd and then you can change the map wheneva you want, just have to shut down the motor change maps and away you go! Custom maps can also be done by someone who knows what they are on about :banana:

And they have the $600 mapping tool.

I bought a used 2009 FE 450 and water pump seals went out at 30 hrs, been perfect after that . I pipe ( slip on ) makes it come to life !

Mine is just starting to weep very slightly before it gets hot. I'm at 130 racing hours. Bearings and shaft are tight, just a little wear on the seals. Shock spring rubs the midpipe a little when I crash the muffler hard sometimes. Get a different front fender because the stocker likes to shatter on hard impact. Excellent reliability!! Best bike by far I've ever had.:banana:

out of interest aytheist1 have you refreshed your topend (piston/rings) with that many hours on it??

If so what parts did you use???

out of interest aytheist1 have you refreshed your topend (piston/rings) with that many hours on it??

If so what parts did you use???

No. Leak down test and valve check periodically, but nothing yet. Mobil 1 1300 Super diesel oil.:banana: