Sign in to follow this  

250f or 125?

I had a crf150r but i outgrew it and sold it. Should i get a 250f or a 125. The dealer has a 2007 crf250r for 2899 is that a good price? please give me your opinions on which bike should i get thanks

What is your size?

Age?

Riding type and style?

Weight?

Budget?

Maintenance budget?

ya they are both great bikes but are u going to be racing and you budget because if your rich haha jk get the 250

unless your parents can afford to set aside $1500 per year for a rebuild, OR you are racing in B or A class, get the 125..

If it were me I'd get the 125 just because I like 2 strokes more but it depends on what you like and really wha kind of riding you will be doing.

i vote 125.....

Cheaper rebuild

cheaper maintinance

more fun to ride

you can make them rip 250fs with a small amount of $$

and they are badass

One more vote for the 125. You'll be a better rider for it. I tend to get lazy on the 4st. There just not as fun IMO.

1500 a year for a rebuild? Are you buying gold valves and a silver piston? And unless put 100 REAL racing A class hours on it you dont have to worry about a full rebuild, maybe a piston at 50 hours. Change the oil and clean the airfilter and you will be fine

1500 a year for a rebuild? Are you buying gold valves and a silver piston? And unless put 100 REAL racing A class hours on it you dont have to worry about a full rebuild, maybe a piston at 50 hours. Change the oil and clean the airfilter and you will be fine

nope. im talking titanium valves and all appropriate hardware, pro circuit piston, cam chain, stock crankshaft etc. and "100 real A class racing hours" my ass. a D-class kid can wear out a 4 stroke in 100 hours. Pro bikes (pro circuit for example) are built for 4 hours of engine life and then the whole thing goes kabloom.

Yea, even with all of that its still not coming out to 1500, and why replace the crankshaft? Who does that at 100 hours? And alot of people dont even put as much time on their bike as they think they do. And i didnt know he was looking at a pro ride. When did that come into play? LOL.

Yea, even with all of that its still not coming out to 1500, and why replace the crankshaft? Who does that at 100 hours? And alot of people dont even put as much time on their bike as they think they do. And i didnt know he was looking at a pro ride. When did that come into play? LOL.

first of all, i said etc. meaning theres more to the list which i'd be glad to show a break down of an actual receipt from one of my rebuilds. and I do all of my own work except cutting valve seats. when i'm going to take time to tear into a motor, im gona make sure i'm not right back in it in 12 hours of ride time. why replace cranks? well because i dont want one to come apart on me if i can avoid it. i dont replace them religiously. but at or around 75 hours, i would drop in a fresh crank. I have hour meters on all of my bikes. so i know exactly how much time are on my bikes. Also, i never said the kid was looking at a pro ride. YOU said that unless you're an A class rider, rebuilding at 100 hours is unnecessary. Well i'm telling you that there's a lot of A class guys that rider as hard or harder than pros and they get FOUR HOURS on a top end.

Whatever dude. Telling someone that they have to spend 1500 a seaon on thier bike still isnt the right info, i dont care how you put it. Especially if they are just starting out