Sign in to follow this  

CRF450R or YZ450F for Supermoto AND Motocross

I have read through a lot of comparisons of these 2 bikes, but nothing about how they perform for what I am looking for. For both models I am looking at '06, or possibly '07.

I want to be able to use the bike at the mx track and possibly get into some local races just for fun. I will also head into the mountains for some trail riding sometimes. Then I am planning on making a street legal supermoto setup for the bike to have fun around town.

I know this is a lot to ask of a bike, but I am willing to keep up with maintenance. I sold my modded car this past summer and am itching to get my hands dirty working on something again. I don't mind the work.

So which bike is more well rounded and can keep up with these demands the best?

the make of bike you want to buy is pretty much up to you ( but the answer is yamaha). Both these bikes are EXCELLENT, but the Yamaha has the reputation of being more userfriendly, which should go well with the fact that you want to augment the bike for various uses. If you're gonna be racing a lot, i'd say go for the YZ450f. But if you're gonna be doing more trailriding/roadriding with your bike, maybe look over the WR450 and add some aftermarket suspension.

Oh and if looks are something that might influence your purchase... i'll just ask you one question, "have you ever seen a honda look this good?"

yellowmoto.jpg

(a WR-450 i might add)

• Like 1