Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle Hitch Carrier with outside tire rack?

This season, my truck will be off the road while I do work to it. In the meantime, I get to use a 92 s10 blazer. I'd really like to put one of those motorcycle carriers on it that mount to the trailer hitch. This blazer has the spare tire rack that is mounted outside on the tailgate. Does anyone use these carriers with an outside tire rack? I guess I could just remove it when I go to haul the bikes. Not a big deal but it would be nice to leave it. Just curious.

Oh, has anyone's bike ever fallen of one of these? I guess it's best to use more than 2 straps in the event one breaks or loosens while driving :banana:

I had a hitch carrier on my 1990 4Runner. The spare tire had to come off in order to haul

the bike off the back end. Even with the tire removed, my bike came extremely close to

fitting on there without actually removing the rack.

I don't know if this really counts, but my class C rv has the spare in the rear, and I used a Harbor Freight carrier with it. The bike just cleared the spare, but I imagine that the clearance on a small SUV might be less.