Sign in to follow this  

Back to a YZ

So, I sold my 2001 YZ250 to CelticDude here on the board last year and have regretted it ever since. Went to a Husky for awhile, and decided to get back on a YZ. Brought this home today:

DSCN2281.jpg

Will spend the next couple of weeks getting it set up for this year's enduro season. Can't wait to get it out on the dirt and have some fun!:banana:

Ha ha ha! :lol: I got a great deal on your old bike and have had an awesome time riding it! Glad to see you are back on a two smoker again! If you want to get the suspension revalved go with Racetech. Once I did that, the bike improved a lot! :banana:

PCGP_2010_01s.jpg

Welcome home Paul.

If you guys had the husky he had, you would have given up on it long before he did. They are 99% good, he just fell into the 1% bracket.

it doesn't look like it needs much. I'll see you out at JV next weekend. You can break it in riding the desert scrambles.

Rode a '09 AND a '10 Husky TXC250 today. WOW! Nice grunty single track machines with unbelievable brakes. :banana:

That said, was still happy to get back on my YZ250 today. Glad you found another YZ!

So, I sold my 2001 YZ250 to CelticDude here on the board last year and have regretted it ever since. Went to a Husky for awhile, and decided to get back on a YZ. Brought this home today:

DSCN2281.jpg

Will spend the next couple of weeks getting it set up for this year's enduro season. Can't wait to get it out on the dirt and have some fun!:lol:

Nice bike!

Look forward to the most satisfying relationship you'll ever have :banana:

Looks good! Drop it off with a blank check and I'll have it ready for the weekend!

Since you have a trustworthy steed, does that mean we will be seeing you out there more often?

whats up with the Husky? likes Dislikes?

Must have been a Monday morning or Friday afternoon bike. :banana:

Mine are awesome. I am looking for the 03 YZ250 to add to my stable.

I am looking for the 03 YZ250 to add to my stable.

Gary, if you're looking for a green sticker you should be looking for an '02.

'03+ gets the red sticker. If you're looking for newer than '02 (don't care about red sticker), you s/b looking for an '05+ for the aluminum frame. Or 06+ for the SSS forks.

-Colin

DSCN2281.jpg

Will spend the next couple of weeks getting it set up for this year's enduro season. Can't wait to get it out on the dirt and have some fun!:lol:

Nicely done Paul! I'll bet you'll be able to go right up those sand hills now! :banana: And I'm sure it'll start alot easier than that husky as well! :banana:

Seriously, it looks like you got a good one there... congrats! :banana:

-Colin

I Love My YZ butt I Love my MOPED more...........Especially with a Fat Chick on the Back!

I Love My YZ butt I Love my MOPED more...........Especially with a Fat Chick on the Back!

Pic of Said Moped+ Fat chick on back!:banana:

whats up with the Husky? likes Dislikes?

The Huskies are good bikes. I had a couple of issues with mine that I had to sort out. I was trying to get one bike to race and dual sport, and the 250 was too much of a compromise for both. Too small for a true DS, and not as much fun as a smoker to trail ride and race. It was a fun trail bike, just didn't have as much fun factor as a YZ.:banana:

Nicely done Paul! I'll bet you'll be able to go right up those sand hills now! :lol:

Hey, I made it up most of the time! lol But you're right, there's nothing better than hitting a hill like that in second or third gear with a YZ on the pipe!:banana:

So, did you get rid of the Husky? You can't give up on them yet.

Sure did. If I were to stick with a Husky, I would need a 2 stroke WR250 for the dirt and a TE450 for a DS.

Sure did. If I were to stick with a Husky, I would need a 2 stroke WR250 for the dirt and a TE450 for a DS.

If you decide to get another Husky go new and at Up-tite in Santa Ana. You just don't want to inherit someone else's problems. My TE450 runs great as you saw, I just can't climb hills worth a shat, and the rear tire is pretty worn out. (more operator error than tire :banana:) Nice purchase on the YZ, looks like it will be a ton of fun.