150/60 or 160/60 pilot power?

Both will fit and both will work just fine. Many argue size

but I

prefer 160/60. I have used both sizes and have not noticed and down sides to th larger tyre. Is our rear rim 4.25in. Or a4.5in rim

here's a 160 of another brand

IMG_6164.jpg

My bike came with that rear tire on it and its pretty much shot after about 3000 miles.

I hope your not expecting the pilot power to last longer! Its a pretty soft compound from what i have read. I got the road 2 and its harder in the center of the tire and softer on the sides. Will last a lot longer than the pilot power.

I hope your not expecting the pilot power to last longer! Its a pretty soft compound from what i have read. I got the road 2 and its harder in the center of the tire and softer on the sides. Will last a lot longer than the pilot power.

No I don't expect it to last much longer then that. I killed the sides of my front pirelli dragon supercorsa sc2.. they are complete slicks. lol

The SM rim is 4.5" width, and maximum profile width seems to be around 162mm, before the chain starts to rub.

Hey lynk what's up?? How's your ceramic coating holding on your pipe ?

The our was suposed to be your. But cool. At the right inflation on my rear it

comes out to about 164mm and only on hard cornering do it get slight rub. And I do mean slight. Almost 3k miles and is hasn't torn any piece yet.

Michelins tend to be on the larger size of the tolerance - I'd probably go with the 150 on that size rim. Check what they reccomend though.

The best tyre is not the biggest that will fit without rubbing. I'm running a 17" x 3.5" rim on the rear of mine, so I'm sticking with a 140 section. Works well. :banana:

No I don't expect it to last much longer then that. I killed the sides of my front pirelli dragon supercorsa sc2.. they are complete slicks. lol

I ride with a 160 power..no rubbing on the chain.

I've done 6K miles with it and still very good (40% life left at least)

But i ride them at 36psi(just like Sportbike) and they grip way enough.

Will try 32PSI to see if I notice a difference in grip, but I doubt so)....but with the recommend pressure: they don't last long.

ps.: I have no problem grinding the footpeg ont the track..not on the street..but very close to it :banana:

im using a 150/70/17 pilot road 2ct and its working well.the profile is a little high and only rubs when i have the tire pressure low and cornering hard.i have 6000kms on it and it still looks new.mt next rear tire will be a 60 series profile though.