Heading to Vegas for the finals.. any tips?

You can buy shuttle tickets at the stadium for the ride home, it takes forever but is the only reasonable way to get back to the strip. We took a cab out there with 3 of us last year, it was like $45 or close from the south strip.

Don't chase your loses. Flat bet the minimum, know how to play, go to in n out.

Last year we stayed in Vegas and went to the race. We kind of made a mistake; maybe you can learn from it.

We left for the pit party around noon, and after seeing everything the pit party had to offer, we had nothing to do and it wasn't even 2 yet. So we took the long drive back to the strip, had early dinner, and then drove all the way back. Lots of wasted time driving. You're way better off going to the pit party a little bit later and then going directly to the race. Unless you're interested in watching practice and qualifiers; My mom and my little brother were with us and neither of them are really all that in to the sport, so we didn't really want to make them sit through an extra 3 hours.

If you can, I'd suggest driving your own car. We actually got really lucky with parking. As you're driving from the strip to the stadium, there's one main street you take (E. Russell Rd). About a half mile from the stadium there's a park off to your right with parking. It was free, and it makes the traffic situation a lot more tolerable. As soon as the SX main ends, start walking out there. You'll beat all of the traffic coming out of the stadium parking lot.

Here's a pic, maybe it'll help:

Picture2-13.png

So you don't all the traffic afterwords, my family, when we go to SF, Vegas, Hangtown, Glen Helen, we bring the BBQ and hang out at the track and have dinner.

Sidenote: Hangtown 2009, after the racing, I had my Specialized Rockhopper with my ghetto single gear zip-tie with the rear drailer. I was riding down the super steep hills and riding those braking bumps at full speed is funner on a bike than a motocross bike. :banana:

It would be great to have a car there, but I don't really want to drive (13hr each way). The car rentals are actually fairly cheap... might be worth renting a car just to make the drive to the stadium.

Do they have any other events in town or @ the track worth attending?

i live in las vegas and have done everything... leave early, stay late, fight the traffic and if you rent a car or drive your own its definatly an experience hanging out and watching people after the race. but if your asking about either a shuttle or taxi i would imagine both are not good. last year i saw some guys rented scooters from some place near the strip and rode those. that would be your best bet as long as you haven't been drinking much. they let you park up front with the motorcycles and you can cut traffic getting out.

I have been to the Vegas Supercross a number of times. The absolute best advice is to rent a car when you get there. You will spend at least that much on a shuttle ride back from the track. The taxi ride from the strip to the stadium cost $50 each way plus tip. You should be able to rent a car for that. The last few times we have gone we have rented a car and it has been well worth it. Not to mention, you have the use of the car for the rest of your trip too. It is cool to be able to go to the track when you want and to hang out afterwards for as long as you want and not agonize over how to get back to the strip.

Just my .02.

Good Luck and have a great trip!!!

i have been 4 years and i drive each time. YOU WANT A CAR while your there... the cab drive is a LONG ways and is about $35ish. we always get there early to watch the practice at 12... hit the pits at about 1ish... then out to parking lot to eat and DRINK for free! trust me... you wont be bored in the parking lot. thats where the grown-ups are... if you know what i mean! just make sure you don't get too shit faced and forget about the 7 show time... you ask your self how it can be done... there are alot of people that just go to hang out! the lot is still got alot of people in it during showtime! on the leaving fast thing... forget about it! there is a bus that runs back to the strip and they charge like $5 a drop off at the statium isn't too bad, but really the lot is soo much fun too. don't worry about it. just hang out... hell camp there! its a blast! wear sun screen and bring water too! you will be in the sun ALL day! hardrock is sold out for the most part. and to be honest its not worth staying there! anywhere on the strip is a blast! while on the strip you don't have to drive anywhere.. there is walking, mono rail, cabs. i prefer walking.. there are some great people watching opportunities to be had! and the mini SX is friday 7th at the orleans... its off strip kinda by the palm ... and the palm has the BEST breakfast buffet. hope this helps! :banana: those are all the places you will see me!

When you buy your ticket make sure you buy one on the press box side.You will bake in the sun if not....Also about 1/2 mile before the staduim there is a pretty good sport bar we went and drank at for a few hours.Its on the rightside.....

When you buy your ticket make sure you buy one on the press box side.You will bake in the sun if not....Also about 1/2 mile before the staduim there is a pretty good sport bar we went and drank at for a few hours.Its on the rightside.....

Are you saying 120-135 is going to be in the sun?

las%20veags%20seating%20chart_1.jpg

fox,

its Adamrmr From RSW,we should meet up in vegas! pm sent

For sure! maybe split a cab or limo :banana:

during practice you can sit wherever you want. so most people sit in the shade of the press box, but around 7 when the show starts the sun is down far enough it doesnt matter where your sitting. but yes if you are in the 120-135 those will be in the sun most the afternoon. prob til about 4

Are you saying 120-135 is going to be in the sun?

las%20veags%20seating%20chart_1.jpg

For sure! maybe split a cab or limo :banana:

no the other side is the sunny side when it starts! you will be facing the sun head on! also... bring a jacket! sounds stupid but i bought a $90 alpinestar jacket 2 years ago cause i was FREEZING and im from colorado! when the sun drops and you have a sunburn the temps drop fast! best seats on the box side and the end ... i would stay away from 100-115ish

We went last year and you gotta go early to watch practice. You can sit anywhere, it's great. That's how most sx's are. We also went to the Minimoto sx final at the O'rleans right in vegas. That was the first time i saw pros riding pitbikes. I think i enjoyed it more than the big-bikes. Banging bars bigtime. J-law was cuttin the track to t-bone. Just a good show, but you come home wanting to buy a pitbike.