Sign in to follow this  

Fellow husky own looking for valve spec.

I did a search but could not come up with valve clearance spec. for my 05' te450. If anyone has these spec. and would share them with me i would be very greatful. I just checked my bike and intakes are .006 and my exhaust are at .008 is this ok.:banana:

A bit of a thread jack but related. I just checked my '08 SMR450 today and the left intake was .003 the rt intake was .0015, the both exhaust were about .005. The bike only has 12 hrs on it and this is the first time I've checked them. I was shocked that they were all out of spec and especially the right intake being way out of spec. Should I be concerned? The bike has had a relatively easy life so I was surprised they were out that much. My '08 TC 250 that gets ridden a good bit harder than the SMR hasn't budged after 42 hrs?? Does the factory do a good gob of speccing the valves during assembly? Have any others seen this much movement in such a short time when new? Any opinions/comments are welcomed!

jaro that is a bit alarming. It seems strange that the exhaust clearance would open up that much, when theirs valve and or seat trouble the clearance will go the other way. After you put the engine back in spec. i wouldnt let it go long before i check it again. If something is going wrong it will show soon.

To clarify, ALL valves were tighter than the Min spec, especially the rt intake at only .0015 gap.

sorry jaro i miss read the .0015 I would still do a recheck shorty after seting it back to spec. But this sound like normal seating of newly machined parts. Still i dont know why some engines never seem to change or move much at their first valve check. I would speculate that this has to do with valve seat cutting at the factory.