Sign in to follow this  

Christini??

How much more exotic can you get than 2WD?

Feedback from anybody who has ridden/owned one?

If so, which bike did you have it on?

How did you use? Competition? Recreational riding?

Plusses?

Minuses?

Thanks.

If you are close to Everett WA, you should go into Tasky's and check one out and talk to them about it. Looked really cool.

If you are close to Everett WA, you should go into Tasky's and check one out and talk to them about it. Looked really cool.

Sounds like I need to take a road trip to Everett. 3 hour drive though, hahaha.

I bought my bike from Jeff.

One of these days I will take him up on his offer of riding his Christini, if he doesn't sell it first. I would like one for my Hussy, but Christini is hunkering down to survive the downturned economy and isn't working on any new models like the Hussy.

I love my Hussy and I would want it to be AWD, so I'll wait.

But I would like feedback from others.

If so, which bike did you have it on?

Plusses?

Minuses?

Thanks.

Dirt rider did a test on one not too long ago......

linky:http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/long_haul/141_1003_2007_christini_crf250x_long_haul_wrap_up/index.html

Thanks - that's one review I had not seen before. Long term tests/reviews are often better than taking a bike out for a couple of hours as most reviews do. Over a period of time you tend to notice things that you didn't at first. That's the kind of feedback I like.

There are other reviews that they have done in the past covering varying bikes. I would just search christini on the Dirt Rider site.

jeff sold it last week. i was in there picking up some bearings and a guy was doing the paperwork for the purchase. i'm pretty sure jeff's going to do another one but don't know for sure. i believe he had it mounted on a 250 xc or xcw. not sure though. he rode it at the hareport scramble and i swear in the applesauce mud it was like cheating, that 2wd really shines in the muck from what i've seen.

anyway, he's the guy to talk to about it. he's a certified christini dealer so he knows all the ins and outs. let us know if you decide to pull the trigger.

jeff sold it last week. i was in there picking up some bearings and a guy was doing the paperwork for the purchase. i'm pretty sure jeff's going to do another one but don't know for sure. i believe he had it mounted on a 250 xc or xcw. not sure though. he rode it at the hareport scramble and i swear in the applesauce mud it was like cheating, that 2wd really shines in the muck from what i've seen.

anyway, he's the guy to talk to about it. he's a certified christini dealer so he knows all the ins and outs. let us know if you decide to pull the trigger.

I've talked to Jeff in passing about it, but I would want it for my Hussy, and they aren't making it for the Hussy - yet.

Then there is the issue of the expense. Until I get a job I am not going to spend that kind of money. I could get a job tomorrow, or it could be six months. You never know until the first day on the job.

Right now I am just collecting info.

Living here in South Jersey and I've had the chance to ride Christini framed bikes. (Christini is based in Philadelphia PA)

If so, which bike did you have it on

Christini framed 2 wheel drive Honda CRF250X and CR450F versions of the

I'm a fat old A class Enduro/Cross Country racer and when I rode the bike it was just fast trail riding with a bunch of A and AA riders in the New Jersey pines.
Plusses?

It sticks every where and the front end doesn't was out in turns. Mud, steep hills, logs, rock and anything else is super easy to get through... it's actually cheating.

Minuses?

A lot more parts and yes you do have to perform maintaniance on the system to keep it fresh. Also adds some weight to the bike and you lose a little fuel capacity because the drive system use tank space.

These are the bikes the system is available for:

KTM Off-road 250/300 XC and XCW

KTM 450/530 XCRW and EXCR

Honda CRF250X

Honda CRF250R

Honda CRF450X

More info here: http://www.christini.com

Great bike make you feel like superman.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips:thumbsup:

I rode my first Christini at the Maxxis Endurocross track Vegas 2006. Steve Christini rented the track for a couple hours for all the magazine and industry guys. I was lucky enough to get the invite.

I did a couple laps each on CRF 250's and CRF 250X's and a 450 too! All I can say is wooooowwwww!!!!!

Ever since that day I have rode a Christini in my offroad series if it was one of those "special" days, you know - 4 foot ruts 10 days of rain and 6 foot root step ups.

I have had three AWD bikes since then. Just last week I sold my last 07 250XCW AWD.

Now sad to say I am riding a one wheel drive bike for the 2010 season.

But I am getting ready to build my newest AWD bike. I wonder what it will be.....................

Go AWD you won't be disappointed!

Later,

Jeff Tasky

I am a Rokon 2WD owner. I developed and sell a bolt in Yamaha cart motor for the Kohler 4 stroke equiped bikes. It doubles the power and finally makes them fun. Pitbull makes a new super soft tire called the Growler XOR that is a huge improvment in handling and the way it takes bumps. Anyway even thou it's been called a big 2WD minibike it can be modified to be an amazing amount of fun. I use mine for exploration and for pre riding narly single trac before I hit them on the XR. It will go all day without any trails and climb anything. It's fun on creek banks and for finding short cuts. It's bar far the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned but you do have to swap seats, bars, engine and tires before they come to life.

I am a Rokon 2WD owner. I developed and sell a bolt in Yamaha cart motor for the Kohler 4 stroke equiped bikes. It doubles the power and finally makes them fun. Pitbull makes a new super soft tire called the Growler XOR that is a huge improvment in handling and the way it takes bumps. Anyway even thou it's been called a big 2WD minibike it can be modified to be an amazing amount of fun. I use mine for exploration and for pre riding narly single trac before I hit them on the XR. It will go all day without any trails and climb anything. It's fun on creek banks and for finding short cuts. It's bar far the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned but you do have to swap seats, bars, engine and tires before they come to life.

I have ridden those kinds of bikes, but they were not 2WD. Like I said before, not really my cup of tea. Too slow, not enough if any suspension. Not near as much fun IMO as a regular motorcycle.

Yeah, a Rokon would be an interesting diversion to ride - once.

First i bought the ktm 300 liked it so much i bought another Chritini for my brother. Now im thinkin about getting a third one! Maybe a 4T this time

Picture036.jpg

i think there were two gasgas ones built... one was sent off for testing, the other was for sale on gasgas riders club. my guess is that's the second

Its only a prototype there not gonna make a kit for GasGas just yet. Im guessing they might later though... You can email them and ask super nice people there you'll get a quick response.