Tranny issues, 05' shifts to neutral instead of 2nd gear from 1st.

Lately I have noticed my bike doesn't want to shift from 1st to 2nd gear. During a harescramble yesterday, it happened around 5 times. I would have to slow to 1st then accelerating out of turns I would try and shift to 2nd and it would go to neutral.

Also, sometimes it will jump out of 5th. As if it wasn't in all the way. Is there a way to adjust the sift somehow? My shifter is about level with my peg, I do the kick shift. The shifter doesn't seem to be bent nor is it hitting the case. I think I read somewhere about the shift drum wearing out?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last time something like that happened it ended up being part of the kicksart that retracts the ratcheting mechanism when it is in the returned position broke off and the piece was floating around on the clutch side of the case next to the shift drum. Intermetently it would not shift correctly. I would start at the clutch side and see that its rotating the shift drum to each detent.

Sorry about not explaining my "kick shift", I meant I don't have the shifter so low I have to place my foot under it at an angle. I basically take my foot off the peg and swipe at the shifter. So I should take the clutch cover off and inspect that side? How will I tell if my shifter fork is bent?