Sign in to follow this  

6" powerband...

I went riding this weekend with a bunch of friends and had a great time..

It was about a two and a half hour drive to get to the trail head, so I had to stop for gas on the way back...I was standing at the pump with my bike on the trailer and this guy on the other side of the gas island starts up a conversation...He asks about my bike so I tell him it is an RM Z450. He asks if it is one of them "new four strokes" I answer yes. He then informs me that he used to ride when he was younger. Said he rode a CR 2 stroke. He then asks me if my bike had a powerband. I answer yes, as we all know an engine puts out a given horsepower at a given rpm and this curve is what we refer to as the power band. He then tells me that he had a 6" power band installed on his 2 stroke. Said it created a ton more horse power than the stock power band. So I ask him, with a big grin on my face, if they still made those in yellow. Said I wanted to get one to match my bike. He said he wasnt sure but he gave me the name of the guy who installed his. Said he still worked on bikes...I think I just found a GREAT mechanic. If he can install a 6" power band I am sure he knows his stuff....:banana::smirk::lol:

• Like 1

If you can find a 6" power band I can find a mechanic.

I wonder if I called my local shop and asked for one if they would sell me one?

That's funny. I haven't heard that in a long time.....

"Yeah, man, I wuz ridin real hard and the powerband jus went out of it. Got a better one now.."

Somebody's making a killing on all this "powerband" replacement work...

what you need to get is that there red powered band!! youll be pushin 20+ pounds of boost and if ya strectch it just right youll get an extra torque pound of foot!

:banana::lol:

what you need to get is that there red powered band!! youll be pushin 20+ pounds of boost and if ya strectch it just right youll get an extra torque pound of foot!

:lol::lol:

No No GREEN is the one you want, all the others wear out to fast. And it also adds to the bling factor. :banana:

No No GREEN is the one you want, all the others wear out to fast. And it also adds to the bling factor. :banana:

:lol:

gota have the bling blang!!

This dude was serious! He really thought there was some kind of ..... something in the engine that, "kicked in," to create horse power. I have an idea...I am gonna get me a small box of some kind, paint it black, and stencil, "6" Power Band" on the side, then mount it somewhere on the engine. Let my buddies get a load of that next week.

What are you guys talking about?? Everyone knows that a 12" powerband is much better than the 6". :banana::lol:

I had a 8'' on mine it was a CR 500 one RED AND one BLUE WOODS AND TRACK ..2 INCH REDUCER ON IT TO FOR MOTOCROSS :banana:

I had a 8'' on mine it was a CR 500 one RED AND one BLUE WOODS AND TRACK ..2 INCH REDUCER ON IT TO FOR MOTOCROSS :lol:

TRICKED OUT!!!!! :banana:

What are you guys talking about?? Everyone knows that a 12" powerband is much better than the 6". :banana::lol:

Yeah but they're bulky and hard to conceal.

Green powerbands are the only ones allowed in Kali since 2003 due to the smog laws. :lol:

you guys are soooo old skool. all the pros are runnin the new kevlar/carbon fiber bands. they add 10 horse powers and last the whole season

they have no power band:bonk: DUH they're four strokes. they have power valve adjustments:smirk:

I personally use the 7 1/2" blue powerband in my CR, gives great mid and top end. Also got a new penelope chamber for the muffler. Awesome:bonk:

Talking about our "powerband" lengths takes my mind to another area...