Sign in to follow this  

California sell it or keep it?????

well, i just went plated last weekend. congress(the wife) finally approved the purchase of a new '09 Husky TE510:banana::banana:. now here's my dilemma. i have a '00 KX500 that is rock solid. it's paid for, and all dialed in...suspension, stabilizer, tank, etc. the last time i had two bikes, it would always kill me to leave one sittin in the garage. i always said i would NEVER sell the 5 hundo...EVER!!!! but now i'm thinkin different...i just don't want to regret sellin it. on the otherhand, if i do, i'll have all the $$$$ i need to dump into the husky....what to do, what to do....i guess if havin too many toys is my biggest problem, i don't have too much to complain about.

You'll regret selling it...I sold my 426 after I bought my WR450 and I cried for two days straight.

Read my sig below.(Kept my old 500 even after buying a newer one). Never sell a good 500. There is always a time to use that kind of power.

I have more than one bike and I don't have a problem. :lol::banana: :banana:

I'm with you on this, I dont have a problem having more that one bike.

Double I still regret not having my CR500 from all those many many years ago... Don't sell the green machine... it's a classic now !

Keep it! It sounds like it's set up perfect how you want it. Why would you ever get rid of a bike like that? If you have to put in $1500+ into a new bike to get it the way you want it.....you might want to rethink that purchase

If you ride a lot having two bikes is a good thing. Stuff beaks and it's good to have a backup.

Also it's not a sellers market now, you probably wouldn't be able to get near what its worth and you'll surely regret it down the road. I'd hang onto it for a while to make sure. And like others have said, you can't have too many bikes

:doh:When I was a dumb 17 yr old kid I sold my 1979 CR250 for $400 bucks and it was a fast, clean, mean red bike. I sooooooo regret that one.

I say sell it, but get something else. You should have dramatically different bikes in order to ride them both.

I'd get a super light 2-250 smoker that I could toss around and really get the adrenaline going.

Its not like you can't ever replace a kx500. They are always out there.

I say sell it, but get something else. You should have dramatically different bikes in order to ride them both.

I'd get a super light 2-250 smoker that I could toss around and really get the adrenaline going.

Trust me that 500 2 smoker looks like a 250 on Double... He can toss it around JUST FINE ! And he's got SKILZ... ! LOLOLOLOL :banana:

The GOOD ones are getting a little harder to find.

LOL....Bolt, could you see me on a 250:lol:. I have come to the conclusion that the 5 hundo will stay in the stable. I got the race prep done today on the husky, got home, geared up, and what do you know....NO F'N KEYS!!!! THEY LOST MY KEYS!!!!!!!!!! I never thought about it til i got home, so now i have to take the bike back down to Malcolm Smith and find a key that will work. so in my state of disbelief and pissed offness, I fired up old faithful and what do you know...it ran like a striped-:banana:-ape. i'm deff keepin both.

Good job keeping Kawi. I found that I was putting waaaaay to many hours on my WR after it was plated. Its nice to have another bike to reduce some of the wear and tear on my big dollor machine. Now lets see some pic's, "both bikes."