Sign in to follow this  

Rebuild the 04 or buy an 09 instead?

With the upcoming outdoor season I was thinking about upgrading from my 04,witch is going to need valve seats cut along with new valves pretty soon, or just getting an 09. Just seein if anyone has any opinions on what they would do. I would like to keep the price of the 09 around 4000 if thats possible. thanks

Get the 09 if you can. I would get a new bike any chance I can get. Newer bikes generallly mean better technology. 09's are good bikes. Just get your suspension done, or do it yourself and you wont have a problem.

You might be able to get an 09 for $4000, but for that price I would expect an 08, which are also great bikes.

I have an 04 and just paid $5k OTD for an 08 and that was haggling with 5 different shops. For $4k, I would go that route, but I doubt its going to happen. Then again, I am so fed up with this 08 taking over 50 kicks to start, I have actually considered selling it already lol

the bike did not change enough to warrant the upgrade unless you wanna get the '10 with the FI..........you need headwork anyway, pick up the '07 or '08 head and cam, if you are racing, I assume your suspension is already dialed so you wont see any improvement there with a '09, just frehsen up your bike, new bearings, etc, you will be good to go!!!

i Just found an 08 Limited ed For 4300 But he said he would trade my bike plus 2200 for it. O it only has three hours on it

i Just found an 08 Limited ed For 4300 But he said he would trade my bike plus 2200 for it. O it only has three hours on it

Limited edition is nothing special just fancy plastics....and correct me if im wrong guys but doesnt the 08 have the bog problem.

Limited edition is nothing special just fancy plastics....and correct me if im wrong guys but doesnt the 08 have the bog problem.

Pretty much every 250f without EFI has a bog "problem". An 08 can easily be jetted correctly and have no problem at all, aswell as any other bike.

my 08 w/ stock jetting had no bog on or off the stand, just a pain to start. I did re-jet though, trying to solve the starting issue.

The 04 when jetted correctly doesnt bog either. You can use alot of the money you normally would use to buy a new bike to rebuild the 04 better than stock.

If you really need a new bike then get the 10... Fuel injection is nice.

Once you learn how to start these it is no big deal. My '08 usually starts on first few kicks or often the very first kick.

Once you learn how to start these it is no big deal. My '08 usually starts on first few kicks or often the very first kick.

not many tricks, lol. only so many ways to start a bike. some 08's and 09's just flat out don't want to start, and I am the lucky owner of 1 of them :banana:

I agree with keeping the 04 i just rebuilt one complete engine top and bottom new factory connection suspesion. 1000. Dollars in misc parts had all work done by pros. This bike kicks butt and it all came in under 4000.00 and its better than a new one.

i would not want a new one, just because mine is so dialed that I dont want to go through the process ($$$) to dial in a new bike!! Tokyo mods works wonders on the carbs too.....best thing ever done to my bike!