Sign in to follow this  

yz250f or crf250r

hey guys im looking for a 250f. im having a tough time deciding between the 2007 crf 250r and the 2007 yz250f. i have ridden a crf250 in the past and i was comfortable on it. i am gonna be starting to race and i just dont know which to choose... did research on both and they both seem to be great bikes but i just cant decide. im about 5' 8" and around 165ish

ride both a decide, i found that i preferred the crf and ive owned both.. im still happy with the decision today

im looking into a crf cause ive riddeen the 2004 and i know they are prolly alot different from the 07(valves,motor, etc.) but i researched and it did basically come down to color... i guess i will have to see what happens

well if they still have valve issues and head issues the earlier models had i'd be running to the yzf

plus yzfs are one of the most reliable race fourstrokes

i have the 2001 yz 250f and like it

I would base it on local dealer support, condition of the bike and price. They are pretty darn close and for most racers/riders it's about setup and ride time. The Yamaha motor won't have as many valve issues, that's for sure.

I still own a 07 CRF250R. Great bike!