JR50 Forks on a TTR50?

Has anyone tried this setup? The little man trashed the stockers. I got a set of Red Baron +1 tubes but they still bind.

The way I figure, they are the cheapest oil damped alternative to the stock pogo sticks. He is 7 now, and I might consider switching bikes if I have to pop for good aftermarket forks. Not that I don't like the TTR. I know someone with a junk JR that I could get the triple clamp and bars off of.

I'll take a look at it. It won't be long until the forks will hold him back.

I thought JR or PW forks would be slightly better than stock, and then the bike would aready have regular triple clamps for upgrades later if needed.

Plan b

Buy a PW80. You'll spend less money on a whole PW80 than you would on after market forks for your TTR50.

Later, buy a KX60 shock and forks/triples (and perhaps wheel - I haven't checked to see if this swaps or not) and you'll have a PW80 that's taller than a KX60. Write-up coming soon.

Cost: $98 for Yamaha parts/machine shop + what ever KX60 parts cost. In my case $80 for a parts bike.

Plan C a KLX110.

That was kind of what I was thinking. As a matter of fact, he just asked yesterday if he could buy his friend's 80. He said it was a Yamaha, so it is probably a PW.

I was going to look at the stockers and see if I could pull out the bent outer tubes and replace with a set of stock CRF tubes in the triple clamps. That might be the cheapest solution for this summer. We will see I he needs better forks as he learns.

Good ideas, Thanks