Sign in to follow this  

2008 YZ250F Idle

Got my 2008 YZ250F back in november and because of weather/work havnt been able to ride it yet!!! UGH!

anywho i took her out of the gargae the other day and started her up to let er pur. i noticed after it got wormed up and turned the choke off it was idleing kinda high. then droped to a lower idle but after reving it once the idle picked back up. just wondering if this is normal and if not what should i do?

thanks

mine does the same thing and from what ive read its pretty normal. I don't know how to fix it. Just when i think I have it adleing good, with will rev back up a little on its own after a few seconds.

Long thread but lots of little details in it http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=810148&highlight=

Basically I'd start with checking/cleaning your jets, specifically the pilot first. Sounds like you might have a little crud in there. If it sat up over the winter and you didn't drain your fuel from the tank, carb, lines etc then you more than likely have some gunk in there that needs to be cleaned. By some carb cleaner and use a compressor with air chuck.

You can also try rejetting the carb. My 2008 did the same thing and also backfired on decal with the throttle closed. I put a 45 pilot jet in and a stock needle from a 2009 YZ250F. Now my Bike does not do any of those problems and the throttle response is spot on. Now this jetting works great where im at which is about 1100 feet above sea level.