Difference 06 to 09 header - pics

I've got an '06 header to run on my '09, thought it might be worth posting the pics of the two OEM headers. The 06 header is a little less than an inch and 5/8's, the 09 header is a little better than an inch and 3/4.

Below the pics of the headers is a pic of my '09, I've got everything greased and am starting to put it back together.

Headers.jpg

Headers1.jpg

Headers2.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

That's exactly what my bike looks like. :banana: Just waiting on some parts so I can put it back together. Can you measure the overall length of the 06 and 09 headers.? You'll need a soft (flexible) tape measure . Thanks.

The headers were the same legnth, when I took the pics they were lined up and at the time I noticed the similarity in legnth. There might be a 3/16" difference at the most, if any difference at all.

What parts are you waiting on ?

I'm waiting on updated steering stem bearing with seal, 06 header, Radiator cages, NFPR needle, etc.. I like to completely go through all my new bikes and become familiar with them and also fix some things the guys mess up at the dealership:bonk:

I've got the bike almost all put back together, here's what I've done so far :

'06 stock header

'06 Pro Circuit T4 slip-on

'06 CDI

NFPR needle, 165 main jet

Boyesen accel. pump cover

Here's what I'm waiting on :

280mm front brake rotor

xw-ring chain & Ironman sprockets

Used plastic set & seat - I'll put the new stuff away.

Wondering about gearing though, I might ride it with the stock 13/49 then decide what I want to do. Which means waiting on ordering the Ironman stuff. I greased the steering stem bearings the other day, noticed that the seal has a double edge on it - what does the updated bearing/seal have that's different ?

I'm an MX guy, might ride in the woods once every two or three years. I was wondering about putting a little bigger fly wheel weight on. Not something that would make a drastic difference, but I'm guessing there might be something (weight wise) that may give me a little better performance - even on an MX track. I've got to do a little more research on that though..

I'm an MX guy, might ride in the woods once every two or three years. I was wondering about putting a little bigger fly wheel weight on. Not something that would make a drastic difference, but I'm guessing there might be something (weight wise) that may give me a little better performance - even on an MX track. I've got to do a little more research on that though..

DIDO:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not really sure about the updated bearing, it was what I was told.

Things I've got so far:

06 Header

Modded stock muffler

06 Cam

50 tooth rear (cheap steel one)

RK520EXW Gold (Do I need a spacer)

Extra set of plastics

Moose radiator cages

Works Connection skid plate

First I'm going to ride it stock to get a base line and then I'll start adding and changing parts to find out what does what. It's a new bike so I need to dail it in, Lots of testing:ride:

The 06 header is a little less than an inch and 5/8's, the 09 header is a little better than an inch and 3/4.

So why put the smaller header on? Wouldnt the newer 09 thats larger flow better and therefore perform better?:banana:

The 06 header is a little less than an inch and 5/8's, the 09 header is a little better than an inch and 3/4.

So why put the smaller header on? Wouldnt the newer 09 thats larger flow better and therefore perform better?:banana:

No the bigger header flows too well once you get rid of the restricted shorty muffler. It takes away from the bottom end so a little bit smaller diameter will give you back the bottom end that is desired for rocketing out of corners.

No the bigger header flows too well once you get rid of the restricted shorty muffler. It takes away from the bottom end so a little bit smaller diameter will give you back the bottom end that is desired for rocketing out of corners.

sound simple, good to know why they actully change some stuff.:banana:

Just call me the rocketman.:banana: That's what I would like to happen, now all I need is my bike back together and some nice weather so I can start testing.