Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake drum XR300 on Craigslist

My friend had an '88 XR300, wasn't in near good of shape as that one. The rear drum actually was better than his front disc, which wasn't saying much. However the motor was a lot of fun. It was lower compression than my 280 kit and that thing would chug as well as my 400 does on goat trails. In long drag races my XR280L would keep up until 3rd, 4th and 5th gear where the 250L is geared taller than an 250R. The 300 had more torque and would clearly pull away.

We seem to cruise through familiar craigslist territory. What part of VA are you in? I'm near Martinsville.

We seem to cruise through familiar craigslist territory. What part of VA are you in? I'm near Martinsville.

:lol: I am originally from Walnut Cove NC just south of Martinsville but have lived in South Boston VA for the past 9 years. Maybe some day if I ever get the bike fixed we could do some trail riding. I have heard Catfish Pond around there is a good place. ? Unfortunately my car broke down last week and had to spend a small fortune to fix it. :banana: The bike doesn't get me to work and back or transport my kids so it will have to wait . . . some more.