Sign in to follow this  

Magura Jack clutch- Best thing ever: UPDATE

Installed my Magura hydraulic clutch today. Took 5 minutes. Unbelievable improvement. The lever pull is so light its just amazing. Possible ride tomorrow and a report. Can't wait:banana:

UPDATE:

Yesterday I decided to take my steed out for a trail ride and give the clutch a test but before I even left I heard a noise from the slave cylinder, like a leak. I look and fluid is leaking from the master cylinder:foul: WT F? So I take off the cap and come to find there isn't even a seal or o-ring. Well I wasn't about to have that spoil my ride so I found some plastic on the ground from a plastic shopping bag and wrapped a small piece around the threads. Lasted all day. No leaks. I don't know why the hell there isn't an o-ring there but I will give the company a call monday. Other than that the clutch worked freaking awesome:worthy: I even rode my buddies 05 CR250 for a bit which had a clutch pull that I thought was awesome compared to mine before. It felt incredibly stiff. The hydro clutch is awesome. Going to the track tomorrow and will try it out with some more aggressive clutching. I'm excited.

I also threw on some complete DNA wheels. Black rims with polished hubs. I must say she looks awesome:banana:

DSCN2633.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2635.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

Edited by 2strokenut

Score! One thing I always love riding my buddies KTM is the hydro clutch.

I noticed the pull on my friends KTM 300 the same or even slightly stiffer then my 94 or 2000. The 05 is a little harder. The cover gasket was bad or something and it spewed out all the fluid.

Shiopping bag? LOL Don't you have teflon? :banana:

At my house... but I was already on my way out to the trails. It worked fine today too. This thing is worth every penny. Rode from 8:30 to around 1 and every part of my body is sore, except my middle finger (clutch). Its amazing how much it helps.

Unfortunately I found a crack on my right outer case. Going to need to weld that or buy another one.

Im kind of curious as I have an older model of the Magura that Im about to mount onto my YZ, is there a folding lever available for it?

Do you know if the stock clutch lever will fit? or is special one? I noticed the replacement lever was $30 and was hoping to use my ASV.
Im kind of curious as I have an older model of the Magura that Im about to mount onto my YZ, is there a folding lever available for it?

I don't know if you can put another lever on but I dont see why not? I have a sunline that I could try. I'll try it tonight.

I don't know if you can put another lever on but I dont see why not? I have a sunline that I could try. I'll try it tonight.

Great thanks.

I picked one up today but not sure on installation. I have it all ready and have ignition cover off but not sure where the o-ring seal goes and silver spacer that came with clutch system. Does these go on out side of ignition cover? Have a 05 kx 250