Sign in to follow this  

2010 200xcw will not idle

ok, so today it warmed rite up to 45 degrees out and i decided to take my new 200 out for its maiden voyage. ive had it running since i bought it new in the crate but never rode it til today. the fuel is mixed 60:1 like the manual states. i let it warm up with the choke on, turned the choke off and away i go. i rode it about 3 miles half throttle, and slowed down to turn around, pulled the clutch in downshifted a couple times and bleh...it stalled. fired her back up again, rode a couple more miles and tried it again. same thing. stalls with clutch in , will not idle on its own. im guessing the problem lies in the jetting. obviously since the bike is brand new i have not messed with the jetting. the bike came with a few different jets, and possibly another needle , im not sure. where should i begin? will the bike run better when fully broken in? or should i mess with the jetting now?

Try adjusting you fuel mixture screw. It can be to lean or two rich. Run the screw all the way in and count the turns. The screw should be turned out between 1.5 and 2 for a start and go from them.

yep, turn the black knob in till it holds idle. Then, once you get settled on it, you can tackle the finer points of jetting.

I had to do the exact same thing on my new 2010 200 XC-W this weekend on it's first ride. Had to turn the black idle screw in (CW) about 1/2 turn to get it right. After messing a bit with the air screw I ended up back at the factory setting of one turn out.

Make sure it is warmed up well before setting the idle. And open the throttle a little when you turn the screw in so you're raising the slide. The screw just sets the slide height by pushing against it and it will be really hard to turn in with the slide down.

It will change some as you get a few hours on it also ( 4+), so don't loose to much sleep chasing jetting until it runs in.

Mine could idle for hours on end, my 250 is another story.