Sign in to follow this  

scratched rim!

i was changing the rear tire off my dirt bike and I slipped with one of the tire irons and it made a nice scratch on the rim. has this happened to anyone else and doo you know if and how it could be repaired?

that's part of owning a dirt bike. it's going to get scratched, whether it be when changing a tire or when riding it. Just ride it. IF it's a black rim, maybe keep a black sharpie with ya. lol

Function wise, you are good.

Dude its a Dirt Bike. Scratches give it character and prove that you actually ride the thing instead of just washing, waxing and polishing the darn thing. Paint marker or sharpie for black ones though.

• Like 1

I got a dern scratch on my bark buster yesterday. Dang!:banana:

:lol:

Not too worry...it's all good my friend. It's a dirt bike and it would lack character if it didn't have some beauty marks!

-Jay

i use the black sharpie or a surveyor pump style heavy duty marker. it dissapears pronto.

all my buds think i just know what im doing while changing tires. if they could only see all the gouges i put in.

the trick is getting the scratches spaced evenly so they look factory.

i was changing the rear tire off my dirt bike and I slipped with one of the tire irons and it made a nice scratch on the rim. has this happened to anyone else and doo you know if and how it could be repaired?

Scratches are like Tattoos, but with better stories.