CAW or TNT?

I rode TNT on Sunday. Conditions were really good. Very few dug out places, little mud.

I had a couple of newbies with me, TNT is a great place for them to develop some skrilz on.

Even the tracks were in decent, though hard shape.

Hopefully they will get some more trails going, the closing of the long trail does significantly reduce the miles available.

rode CAW. Parts of it were messed up bad. They are going to have to start closing some trails IMO. Still had enough fun to go back this coming weekend. It's always fun to ride around that place and look for the bulldozer. You know a nice trail is ahead when you find it.

They drove a tractor or somethng thru the A loop on the single track. Made a nice mess of it. The C loop is great. Short but great.

I'll toss out my cautionary note regarding TNT...

It's probably best if you push your bike around in the parking area...especially in front of the store/office/concession area...rather than ride it.?

The proprietor has a legendary habit of screaming at you in near hysteria to slow down even when you're putting along at tip-over speed. It's best not to make eye contact with her...try to be invisible. Just accept that you'll be considered the reclairant child no matter what amount of adult well-reasoned logic you try to communicate.:banana:

Although I issue this warning with tongue in cheek...it is, sadly, very close to the unwashed truth.

I have been victimized by her over-zealous, tactless, condecending, demeaning, profain, and thoughtless tyraid in front of shocked onlookers equally boggled by her obsurd outburst. It could be Tourette's...by I think she's just mean.

You've been warned.

-Jay

I'll toss out my cautionary note regarding TNT...

It's probably best if you push your bike around in the parking area...especially in front of the store/office/concession area...rather than ride it.?

The proprietor has a legendary habit of screaming at you in near hysteria to slow down even when you're putting along at tip-over speed. It's best not to make eye contact with her...try to be invisible. Just accept that you'll be considered the reclairant child no matter what amount of adult well-reasoned logic you try to communicate.:banana:

Although I issue this warning with tongue in cheek...it is, sadly, very close to the unwashed truth.

I have been victimized by her over-zealous, tactless, condecending, demeaning, profain, and thoughtless tyraid in front of shocked onlookers equally boggled by her obsurd outburst. It could be Tourette's...by I think she's just mean.

You've been warned.

-Jay

Very close ? Jay you call it how you saw it and how it was Barbra is PSYCHO ! MAKE 100% for sure your kids understand that if they ride off the road and into a drainage ditch they risk being assualted by her also.

Very close ? Jay you call it how you saw it and how it was Barbra is PSYCHO ! MAKE 100% for sure your kids understand that if they ride off the road and into a drainage ditch they risk being assualted by her also.

Do I need to report this thread??

I mean, if we can't call someone a sandbagger is it fair to call someone who doesn't come here a psycho? :banana:

I know you had your run ins with her but she has always been GREAT to me and I consider her a good friend.

Additionally, I know of A LOT of families who prefer TNT b/c of how she controls the parking lot speed and provides for the kids. For as many complaints there are plenty of people who have good things to say as well.

Ivan

I am going to support Ivan on this.

I mean really, the last 15 times there, I saw/heard of no issues with her.

But on the other hand, I personally witnessed multiple acts of kindness and support to kids and riders. She went out of her way to help a down rider.

Is it so hard to idle your bike in the parking lot?

It is the rules, and they are good ones.

If you saw some kid get run over, then maybe you would take a different view!

Choose to never go back and never forgive? Your choice!

I hope you give others a better chance.

I'll be there this Sunday (as it stands now).

Mike

Hi Mike & Ivan.

I respect you guys so no disrespect intended here...but, she is Jekyll and Hyde! I don't believe the good justifies or mollifies the bad.

I personally witnessed her cuss (yes...I said cuss...as in profanity) out a small child because she felt he was rolling through the area in front on the store too quickly.

The poor kid was barely rolling and you know how jerky small kids can be with their controls at slow speed. And, when his father came over to confront her after several people explained to him why his son was so horribly upset (poor kid could hardly sputter a word he was so upset)...she cussed him down and told him to GTFO!

My own personal experience with her was less traumatizing but no less humiliating. There is no way I could have ridden slower...

But...what's past is past. I don't dwell on it but I'm not silent about it either.

I stopped going there a few years ago after she hurled insults and profanities at me that day in the parking area. I don't ever tell folks not to go there because I think it's a good family place to ride especially for newbies and small tots.

But fair warning about her peculiar behavior that has turned folks off permanently.

-Jay

But fair warning about her peculiar behavior that has turned folks off permanently.

And I would never try to stop anyone from pointing out their experiences or why they won't go back.

I just feel it is fair for me to point out my experience with her over the past 11 years. She has been great to me and others.

I encourage anyone who has never been to TNT to give it a try and make their own judgment.

Ivan

And I would never try to stop anyone from pointing out their experiences or why they won't go back.

I just feel it is fair for me to point out my experience with her over the past 11 years. She has been great to me and others.

I encourage anyone who has never been to TNT to give it a try and make their own judgment.

Ivan

But you do try to prevent those of us who have had a bad experience with a woman who is psychotic at best and a thug at worst. Your experiences seem to not be the norm from my friends and my personal experiences. My issues with her lie not with parking lot speed control but her violent out breaks against young kids. You know what happened and I have told you the story. I am not asking you not to go but I will warn EVERYONE I know before they go taking their kids there.

Do I need to report this thread? ?

I mean, if we can't call someone a sandbagger is it fair to call someone who doesn't come here a psycho? ?

I know you had your run ins with her but she has always been GREAT to me and I consider her a good friend.

Additionally, I know of A LOT of families who prefer TNT b/c of how she controls the parking lot speed and provides for the kids. For as many complaints there are plenty of people who have good things to say as well.

Ivan

I never said we can't call some one a sandbagger ! FWW? I just pulled my $.02 out of the argument when things turned from sand baggery to personal attacks by people who do not even know the people they were attacking.

But you do try to prevent those of us who have had a bad experience with a woman who is psychotic at best and a thug at worst.

I don't say not to post your opinions.

I just post mine in response. That is not prevention, that is telling a different side of the story.

And I don't call people names when I make my comments or with any of my criticism.

Ivan